PHP Warning

Unable to load PHP Libraries

Page 1 of 1

7 Replies - 1905 Views - Last Post: 11 March 2007 - 02:54 PM Rate Topic: -----

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

PHP Warning

Posted 10 March 2007 - 04:19 PM

I am having trouble combining HTML and PHP in webpages and wanted to try using PHP-cgi and PHP CLI.
Nothing happens when I try starting PHP-CLI, and when I start PHP-CGI I get the following PHP warning:
PHP warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library 'c:\php\php_dbase.dll' The secified module could not be found. in Unknown on line 0
Dito for php_mysql.dll and php_pgsql.dll
I installed PHP using manual installation procedure from here http://ie2.php.net/m...dows.manual.php
I have deleted the ; in front of the extensions in php.ini

Could anyone point me in the right direction on this? How can I make php find the specifies modules? I have included the php classpath in php.ini and copied the file into the system directory. Am I missing something? I am a PHP newbie so any help appreciated :)

RPJD

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: PHP Warning

• Married Life
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: PHP Warning

Posted 10 March 2007 - 05:02 PM

It's likely that you need to change the extension directory. IIRC the variable in php.ini file is "extension_dir".
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 11 March 2007 - 08:03 AM

View Postrpjd, on 10 Mar, 2007 - 04:19 PM, said:

I am having trouble combining HTML and PHP in webpages and wanted to try using PHP-cgi and PHP CLI.
Nothing happens when I try starting PHP-CLI, and when I start PHP-CGI I get the following PHP warning:
PHP warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library 'c:\php\php_dbase.dll' The secified module could not be found. in Unknown on line 0
I installed PHP using manual installation procedure from here http://ie2.php.net/m...dows.manual.php

Could anyone point me in the right direction on this? How can I make php find the specifies modules? I have included the php classpath in php.ini and copied the file into the system directory. Am I missing something? I am a PHP newbie so any help appreciated :)

RPJD

I have the file php.ini located in the php directory on my C drive so extension_dir = "C:\php".
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Married Life
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 11 March 2007 - 10:06 AM

That's probably wrong because you likely don't have the dll files in c:\php. Try changing it to where those dll files are located.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 11 March 2007 - 10:20 AM

View Postrpjd, on 11 Mar, 2007 - 08:03 AM, said:

View Postrpjd, on 10 Mar, 2007 - 04:19 PM, said:

RPJD

I have the file php.ini located in the php directory on my C drive so extension_dir = "C:\php".

I have installed php at c:\php, so all .dll files are located there as well as php.ini located at c:\windows\system as per manual installation guide.

RPJD :)
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Married Life
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 11 March 2007 - 11:49 AM

So the full path to php_mysql.dll is "c:\php\php_mysql.dll"?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 11 March 2007 - 02:14 PM

View Posthotsnoj, on 11 Mar, 2007 - 11:49 AM, said:

So the full path to php_mysql.dll is "c:\php\php_mysql.dll"?

I managed to get both php-cgi and php-cli working, but there is no prompts as with dos, so I am I am still in dark as to how to use them. I haven't seen any manuals for them on php.net

RPJD :)
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• g+ + -o drink whiskey.cpp
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 11 March 2007 - 02:54 PM

http://www.php-cli.c...-tutorial.shtml

http://www.phpfreaks...orials/86/0.php
Was This Post Helpful? 0