0 Replies - 14535 Views - Last Post: 30 September 2011 - 07:58 AM

• D.I.C Lover
  • member icon

• View blog

Recommended Reading | Books

Post icon  Posted 30 September 2011 - 07:58 AM

I'll list some of the books and articles I've read that really helped me out when I started to learn MVC3. These books are pay for but they do offer a digital sale if you live overseas.

Highly recommend them as they will give you the boost you need when starting out.

The default docs are good, but nothing beats learning by following a linear path into building a complete website. If you read these two books from cover to cover I personally guarantee you will have more fun with the framework and bending it to your will.

No more fighting over why this route didn't work or why the form value isn't being passed into my controllers POST action method.

Pro ASP.NET MVC 3 Framework

Posted Image

The ASP.NET MVC 3 Framework is the latest evolution of Microsoft’s ASP.NET web platform. It provides a high-productivity programming model that promotes cleaner code architecture, test-driven development, and powerful extensibility, combined with all the benefits of ASP.NET 4.

Book link: http://www.apress.com/9781430234043

Professional ASP.NET MVC 3

Posted Image

MVC 3 is the latest update to Microsoft's Model-View-Controller technology, which enables developers to build dynamic, data-driven web sites. This in-depth book shows you step by step how to use MVC 3. Written by top ASP.NET MVC experts at Microsoft, the latest edition of this popular book covers new and updated features such as the new View engine, Razor, NuGet, and much more. The book's practical tutorials reinforce concepts and allow you create real-world applications. Topics include controllers and actions, forms and HTML helpers, Ajax, unit testing, and much more.

Book link: http://www.amazon.co...ASIN=1118076583

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 1
  • +

Page 1 of 1