Using ASP.Net MVC3 create something and integrate jQueryUI in some way to your project. It doesn't have to be a complete website, but it should at least run something.
If you're feeling lazy (we all do) just do everything in the Home/Index controller/action. No biggie! This is meant as the first challenge to get people to use MVC3 and realize it's a pretty fun tool for development.
More brownie points will be given to those who use more action methods and differentiate between GET and POST action methods.
Don't know where to start?
Read our recommended reading thread.
- Create an EditorTemplate for DateTime objects to use the jQueryUI Calendar.
- Use the accordion to display something.
- Use sliders to have users select a range between two numerical values.
Failure to follow these rules will disqualify you from the competition. More than rules, they're guidelines.
- Must use MVC3. Not MVC2 or *gasp* MVC1!
- Has to use jQueryUI in some way shape or form.
- You have to zip up your entire Visual Studio project and attach it to your post for me and the judges to download and check out.
- Deadline will be 30 October, 2011! Winners will be posted on the 7th of November.
The winner of the contest will receive a digital copy of the book Pro ASP.Net MVC3 Framework from Apress Publishing and a shiny new award in this profile.