3 Replies - 1354 Views - Last Post: 29 January 2012 - 04:34 PM

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

I need help finding a laptop

Posted 01 October 2011 - 01:14 AM

Now with finding/ building a PC i'd be confident to do it by myself, however, every laptop i have had or have been on (friends + families etc.) They have been nice and fast to start with then after a month or two they are painfully slow, I can't be dealing with that so I need help :P

Here is what i need: A laptop (maybe a netbook i don't know) That is pretty compact as i want to take it to college and stuff, I will probably dual boot it with linux and windows 7, I need to be able to browse the internet speedily on it, program, run things like photoshop and in the end i'll probably want to play games on it ( by games i mean minecraft and possibly guildwars 2). MY budget is around 400 really. I don't have much to spend as a 16 year old student with no job :/.

SO yeh thanks in advance for any help ^-^.

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: I need help finding a laptop

• D.I.C Lover
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: I need help finding a laptop

Posted 01 October 2011 - 07:01 AM

The laptops your friends and families have got are only getting painfully slow because they aren't taking care of them properly. I bet they endlessly fill them with crap, never do a disk defrag, and install hundreds of different programs that they never use more than once.

As long as you get a reasonable spec in the first place, and take good care of it, it shouldn't become slow after a couple of months.
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 01 October 2011 - 03:01 PM

Ryano is correct. I've been using my laptop for school for two years and I rarely install on anything on it and it is as fast as it was day one. Any laptop you buy will eventually get slow if you don't take care of it, same as any laptop you buy will stay like new if you do take care of it. :)

That aside, what brand are you looking for? Asus? HP? Dell? Does it matter?

I'm not sure if Tiger Direct ships to Britain, but their website is at least good for checking out the market. http://tigerdirect.com. You can pick up something decent like this (for example): http://www.tigerdire...8828&CatId=4965

This post has been edited by Aramyth: 01 October 2011 - 03:02 PM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Addict

• View blog

Posted 29 January 2012 - 04:34 PM

you dont want a netbook if your using a netbook (windows 7 starter is shit)

the reason why peoples laptops become slow after time is they install shit toolbars from poorly developed programs.

The processes run hi in the task manager and most poeple do realise that you can turn off all the startup programs after boot.

Turning these off with increase performance regardless of its age

kevin
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1