7 Replies - 1657 Views - Last Post: 31 October 2011 - 09:04 AM

• D.I.C Head
  • member icon

• View blog

New design for Travel Agent

Posted 03 October 2011 - 02:49 PM

Hi guys,

What do you think of the design? I designed it in Photoshop and it hasn't been coded yet.

Please see the attached image.

Thanks,

Attached image(s)

• Attached Image

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: New design for Travel Agent

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: New design for Travel Agent

Posted 03 October 2011 - 02:57 PM

I don't know exactly how to respond to just a picture. I mean it appears pretty safe in design. Nothing too outlandish. I am unclear if those 'popular destinations', 'wedding-moons', etc are some sort of popup.

Though I have a nagging feeling like I've seen that design before.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Pragmatism over Dogma
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 03 October 2011 - 03:07 PM

There's a difference between an artistic minimalism and a skiddish one. Be bold yet subtle, powerful yet serene, minimalism and light designs are by and far for those who have a substantial class of experience because of their extreme difficulty.

If you're not going for minimalism at all your design is far too bland, takes no risks, and gives the viewer no reason to be interested in it as anything more than a cheap faceplate for information.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Regular
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 03 October 2011 - 03:08 PM

We would be able to give better feedback if you provide us a link, if possible of course. I don't want to hand type that long address...
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 03 October 2011 - 03:53 PM

Thanks for the feedback.

@modi123_1

I'm sorry that all I could provide was a picture as the design has still not been agreed. I just need a second opinion which will hopefully lead to some adjustments. This design wasn't taken from another website and the transparent boxes aren't pop-ups.

@Lemur

I think I may have gone a bit overboard with the gradients so I will look into some solid colours.

Here is a quick link to view it in full-screen mode.

http://www.dreaminco....8wF6H_jmwK.jpg
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Technophile
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 04 October 2011 - 03:04 AM

View PostGavisann, on 03 October 2011 - 11:08 PM, said:

We would be able to give better feedback if you provide us a link, if possible of course. I don't want to hand type that long address...

A link? This is a design... it has not been made yet!
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 29 October 2011 - 12:16 PM

Link.
Was This Post Helpful? -1
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 31 October 2011 - 09:04 AM

The header and footer areas (with the blue gradient) are too tall, especially the footer, though if you're going to have more content down there, then fit it to the content.

Go ahead and keep the gradients, but make them more subtle (have the light color and dark color be closer to the same color). It seems like you did that on the submit button.

Instead of having those four transparent sections all in one view, make that area a tabbed slider. That way each section can have more content and the discrepancy between the height of the sections doesn't look so bad. The big heart in the sand picture needs to be shorter, too. It's nice to have it be the place where people look initially, but it should quite dominate so severely.

This looks like a home page design. How will it look for the rest of the pages? If this is for the home page, maybe we ought to direct them to the desired content a bit better using "feature boxes". Technically the slider would be one big sliding feature box, but below it put smaller boxes that highlight content that people are most likely to go to, or content you want them to go to. See eInnov8 for an example. I designed this site, though it is far from finished. Notice that under the slider is 3 feature boxes. This is very common on sites, though it is primarily for home pages and maybe category indexes.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1