WIFI not working under Fedora 15

Page 1 of 1

2 Replies - 9593 Views - Last Post: 16 October 2011 - 01:27 AM

• D.I.C Lover
  • member icon

• View blog

WIFI not working under Fedora 15

Posted 05 October 2011 - 10:09 AM

Hey guys, today I installed Fedora 15 on another hard drive and I have ran into one issue, wireless. It's actually quite weird, when I first installed it, I was able to connect to a network just fine. Now, I've updated the system and I can find networks, but when I try to connect now, it won't connect. Right now I have ethernet plugged in and it's working. I just tried unplugging it and tried wireless again to no avail. I'm not really sure what's going on right now. My wireless card is this. I'm sorry if it seems like I'm being extremely vague.

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: WIFI not working under Fedora 15

• D.I.C Lover
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: WIFI not working under Fedora 15

Posted 05 October 2011 - 10:32 AM

hmmm.. Nevermind guys, it seems to be working again. I'll reply to this thread if it happens again. odd.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Pragmatism over Dogma
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: WIFI not working under Fedora 15

Posted 16 October 2011 - 01:27 AM

Network manager more than likely crashed, it seems to be a standard issue with SELinux attacking its own system. The implementation is rather shaky, and the issues you'll run into with Fedora is that it's effectively RHEL's playground for fancy new features that don't necessarily have to work 100%. For those reasons alone I tend to avoid Fedora if at all possible.

Surprisingly the time tested reboot works 99% of the time on this issue, but if you want a 100% fix I'd switch distros. Linux isn't supposed to require constant rebooting for anything but large scale upgrades, and Fedora tramples this to near death.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1