Diablo 3

  • (16 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • 13
  • 14
  • 15
  • 16

230 Replies - 11372 Views - Last Post: 21 August 2012 - 08:50 AM

#211 blindstone  Icon User is offline

  • D.I.C Head

Reputation: 21
  • View blog
  • Posts: 175
  • Joined: 17-August 11

Re: Diablo 3

Posted 13 June 2012 - 09:18 AM

Was talking to my buddy earlier about the RMAH, hes made a good 100 bucks already, sad haha
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#212 bonyjoe  Icon User is offline

  • D.I.C Addict
  • member icon

Reputation: 175
  • View blog
  • Posts: 548
  • Joined: 08-September 10

Re: Diablo 3

Posted 18 June 2012 - 10:20 PM

Does anyone have a spare guest pass that I could have? I heard they wouldn't be needed after a month but Blizzard's website says they are still needed and no date for when they won't be.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#213 trevster344  Icon User is offline

  • The Peasant
  • member icon

Reputation: 224
  • View blog
  • Posts: 1,499
  • Joined: 16-March 11

Re: Diablo 3

Posted 19 June 2012 - 05:29 AM

Guest pass for what
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#214 Celerian  Icon User is offline

  • D.I.C Regular


Reputation: 144
  • View blog
  • Posts: 384
  • Joined: 30-March 12

Re: Diablo 3

Posted 19 June 2012 - 05:37 AM

Guest passes for Diablo 3 came with a physical retail box.

On a completely unrelated note, I just went nuclear on a spider who decided it was a good idea to walk across my desk. One heart attack later, that 8-legged creepy-crawly is dead, and I cannot shake the feeling that there are fucking spiders EVERYWHERE.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#215 xclite  Icon User is offline

  • LIKE A BOSS
  • member icon


Reputation: 894
  • View blog
  • Posts: 3,153
  • Joined: 12-May 09

Re: Diablo 3

Posted 19 June 2012 - 08:56 AM

Played a Demon Hunter for a bit... holy crap they scale well. Definitely a damage machine. He's also a lot more fun than my Wizard. I also have a low level monk with a friend. The first few skills after those you start with (thunder punching whatever and kick to the face) seem kind of lackluster, but I am enjoying the kick to the face at the moment.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#216 Celerian  Icon User is offline

  • D.I.C Regular


Reputation: 144
  • View blog
  • Posts: 384
  • Joined: 30-March 12

Re: Diablo 3

Posted 19 June 2012 - 09:00 AM

My Diablo 3 tenure may be cut short. I have a Wizard who has finally made it through the game, but in order to actually beat Diablo, I needed to use my wife's computer. Mine was either overheating or encountering too much hardware lag to do anything sufficient. Her machine isn't beastly either, so in order to run at playable speeds with Diablo, I had to turn down the settings all the way.

Does anyone know if Blizzard has a expiration date on the characters? I remember with Diablo 2, if you didn't play your online characters in a few months, it was deleted.

So, assuming they haven't shut down the servers in a few years (they probably won't) and I want to install again and try on a faster computer, will my character still be there?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#217 trevster344  Icon User is offline

  • The Peasant
  • member icon

Reputation: 224
  • View blog
  • Posts: 1,499
  • Joined: 16-March 11

Re: Diablo 3

Posted 19 June 2012 - 09:07 AM

It's world of Warcraft style in that your characters don't expire, I'm sure. Especially since they're storing the character information in databases on their side.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#218 Celerian  Icon User is offline

  • D.I.C Regular


Reputation: 144
  • View blog
  • Posts: 384
  • Joined: 30-March 12

Re: Diablo 3

Posted 19 June 2012 - 10:20 AM

Just curious. D2 online characters were stored in a database on their end too, but they still got rid of them. I did expect that these were more permanent.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#219 trevster344  Icon User is offline

  • The Peasant
  • member icon

Reputation: 224
  • View blog
  • Posts: 1,499
  • Joined: 16-March 11

Re: Diablo 3

Posted 19 June 2012 - 10:34 AM

They hadn't thought up new methods of data storage till wow bud haha. Why go redesign a game that makes you no money in comparison to purchase+subscription?

This post has been edited by trevster344: 19 June 2012 - 10:35 AM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#220 DarenR  Icon User is offline

  • D.I.C Lover

Reputation: 433
  • View blog
  • Posts: 2,999
  • Joined: 12-January 10

Re: Diablo 3

Posted 19 June 2012 - 10:35 AM

View Postxclite, on 19 June 2012 - 11:56 AM, said:

Played a Demon Hunter for a bit... holy crap they scale well. Definitely a damage machine. He's also a lot more fun than my Wizard. I also have a low level monk with a friend. The first few skills after those you start with (thunder punching whatever and kick to the face) seem kind of lackluster, but I am enjoying the kick to the face at the moment.



unfortunately the DH is almost useless against diablo on the first run since diablo is immune to traps

This post has been edited by DarenR: 19 June 2012 - 10:35 AM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#221 modi123_1  Icon User is offline

  • Suitor #2
  • member icon



Reputation: 8938
  • View blog
  • Posts: 33,504
  • Joined: 12-June 08

Re: Diablo 3

Posted 19 June 2012 - 10:37 AM

... one would think the demon hunter would be quite effective against a... demon. Hmm.. who knew?!
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

#222 DarenR  Icon User is offline

  • D.I.C Lover

Reputation: 433
  • View blog
  • Posts: 2,999
  • Joined: 12-January 10

Re: Diablo 3

Posted 19 June 2012 - 10:42 AM

View Postmodi123_1, on 19 June 2012 - 01:37 PM, said:

... one would think the demon hunter would be quite effective against a... demon. Hmm.. who knew?!



it is sorta like tooth paste and orange juice... doesnt sound bad until you try it

This post has been edited by DarenR: 19 June 2012 - 10:42 AM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#223 xclite  Icon User is offline

  • LIKE A BOSS
  • member icon


Reputation: 894
  • View blog
  • Posts: 3,153
  • Joined: 12-May 09

Re: Diablo 3

Posted 19 June 2012 - 11:27 AM

View PostDarenR, on 19 June 2012 - 01:35 PM, said:

View Postxclite, on 19 June 2012 - 11:56 AM, said:

Played a Demon Hunter for a bit... holy crap they scale well. Definitely a damage machine. He's also a lot more fun than my Wizard. I also have a low level monk with a friend. The first few skills after those you start with (thunder punching whatever and kick to the face) seem kind of lackluster, but I am enjoying the kick to the face at the moment.



unfortunately the DH is almost useless against diablo on the first run since diablo is immune to traps


Is this a joke? Diablo was cake. I just SHOT HIM TO DEATH. WITH MY BOW. I don't actually use a single trap to obtain my obscene levels of damage.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#224 trevster344  Icon User is offline

  • The Peasant
  • member icon

Reputation: 224
  • View blog
  • Posts: 1,499
  • Joined: 16-March 11

Re: Diablo 3

Posted 19 June 2012 - 11:42 AM

View Postxclite, on 19 June 2012 - 12:27 PM, said:

View PostDarenR, on 19 June 2012 - 01:35 PM, said:

View Postxclite, on 19 June 2012 - 11:56 AM, said:

Played a Demon Hunter for a bit... holy crap they scale well. Definitely a damage machine. He's also a lot more fun than my Wizard. I also have a low level monk with a friend. The first few skills after those you start with (thunder punching whatever and kick to the face) seem kind of lackluster, but I am enjoying the kick to the face at the moment.



unfortunately the DH is almost useless against diablo on the first run since diablo is immune to traps


Is this a joke? Diablo was cake. I just SHOT HIM TO DEATH. WITH MY BOW. I don't actually use a single trap to obtain my obscene levels of damage.


Diablo is easy in normal. As is everything else... And nightmare... And hell lol.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#225 DarenR  Icon User is offline

  • D.I.C Lover

Reputation: 433
  • View blog
  • Posts: 2,999
  • Joined: 12-January 10

Re: Diablo 3

Posted 19 June 2012 - 11:50 AM

hmm then I must be doing something wrong--- i use dual cross bows rare that are at 35.4 dmg with 3-4 add damage a + 3 to skills and I hardly do any damage
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

  • (16 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • 13
  • 14
  • 15
  • 16