• « First
  • Last »

230 Replies - 10409 Views - Last Post: 21 August 2012 - 08:50 AM

• #include "soul.h"
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Diablo 3

Posted 26 March 2012 - 11:44 AM

Me too. I am getting really annoyed with game companies trying to force multiplayer down our throats. Especially when it is a game like Diablo which allowed for single player through the other campaigns and all of a sudden they want us to all play online.

I presonally don't like that idea, I don't see why I need an internet connection to play alone on a non-mmo game. It seems like a huge waste of bandwidth to me. But whatever, Blizzard is going to do as they see fit and not listen to the rest of us.
Was This Post Helpful? 2
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 27 March 2012 - 11:35 AM

View Postmodi123_1, on 26 March 2012 - 10:35 AM, said:

Wait - what? There was question about Blizzard was producing Diablo3? That's like asking if Blizzard is making expansions for World of Warcraft, or keep pushing back parts of Starcraft 2. Ha.

Diablo 3 looks so identical to Torchlight... I don't think that could be a coincidence. I don't like how Diablo 3 is turning into a cartoony look either. But oh well I'm still excited, as I probably will be able to play it this summer.

If it doesn't support single player when it comes out, I'll probably just grab Torchlight 2 when it releases.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 27 March 2012 - 12:00 PM

Diablo 3 looks so identical to Torchlight...I don't think that could be a coincidence. I don't think that could be a coincidence.

I would disagree with that... even though a good swath of the Diablo2 developers branched off to make Torchlight Diablo3 looks more like Diablo2.

But oh well I'm still excited, as I probably will be able to play it this summer.

Was there something preventing this?

If it doesn't support single player when it comes out, I'll probably just grab Torchlight 2 when it releases.

Yes, there is a single player campaign.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 29 March 2012 - 11:37 AM

View Postmodi123_1, on 27 March 2012 - 12:00 PM, said:

Diablo 3 looks so identical to Torchlight...I don't think that could be a coincidence. I don't think that could be a coincidence.

I would disagree with that... even though a good swath of the Diablo2 developers branched off to make Torchlight Diablo3 looks more like Diablo2.

But oh well I'm still excited, as I probably will be able to play it this summer.

Was there something preventing this?

Yes, there is a single player campaign.

Ehh Seeing the gameplay of the beta, it seems like it leans more towards Torchlight, but that's just my opinion. I played Torchlight and it got boring really fast...

Yeah, I might be taking summer school, all depends on if i get financial aid to cover my classes or not.

By single player, I meant offline play.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 04 April 2012 - 07:29 AM

slashdottv has their paws on some game footage if you are interested.

http://games.slashdo...beta-two-videos
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• I don't care
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 04 April 2012 - 09:24 AM

Guys, figured I'd say something, but don't download any of the "beta key generators" out there, they're viruses and do not work.

(hopefully you would know this, but there are the few...)
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• #include "soul.h"
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 20 April 2012 - 09:24 AM

For anyone who (like me) wants to try the game before deciding to buy or not, they are opening up the beta to anyone who has a battle.net account and a "battletag" (apparently it is free to create one) at 12 PM eastern/ pacific through the weekend.

Time to see if it is actually worth the money (and wait)...
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Regular

• View blog

Posted 20 April 2012 - 09:36 AM

I got the beta last week. I'm not seeing the "cartoony" feel of it. Its darker and bloodier than D2 was. Granted, beta only allows 13 levels, but its still a dungeon crawl.

In spite of requiring an always on connection, the multiplayer works well. You won't have to deal with other people until you open your game up to public, and then people can join or leave your game as they see fit.

I've played through the beta portion of the game twice with a Witch Doctor, and part way through with a monk. I've not played any more because 1) I'm busy with other things and 2) I don't want to burn myself out on the first part of the game because I know I'm going to turn around and do it all again once launch hits.

It doesn't appear to be a bad game, and there are some things that they've done right. There are others that I need to see more of, and there are a few things I don't like. I'll play through the thing for sure, but I don't know that it will hold the same spot as Diablo 1 did, when I played for hours online, despite it being the same 16 levels over and over. I think I'm just getting older and there are more expansive things to do instead of a slightly randomized dungeon crawl.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 02 May 2012 - 11:08 AM

More clearly defined selling methods with the 'real gold' auction houses... prepare your ponzi schemes now!

In the real-money auction house, Blizzard will charge a flat fee of $1 (or a rough local equivalent) for sales of unique equipment like armor, weapons, and accessories, or take a 15 percent cut for sales of common, "stackable" commodities like gems, materials, and gold. Even in the gold-based version of the auction house, which uses in-game currency exclusively, Blizzard will deduct a 15 percent fee from each item's sale price. That's a move that should help stem inflation as gold continues to be created throughout the in-game economy.

Sellers will be faced with an additional 15 percent fee if they want the purchase price to be transferred to a third-party service like PayPal. Blizzard also warns that "additional fees from PayPal may apply." The only way to avoid these transfer fees is by putting the sale proceeds into a Battle.net balance, which can be used to purchase digital editions of Blizzard games as well as certain in-game purchases in World of Warcraft.

In-game auctions in Diablo III will be listed for 48 hours before being returned to the initial seller (for no fee), and players will be limited to ten active auctions at a time in each auction house. The restriction, Blizzard said, should "ensure that players focus on listing high-quality items that have a good chance of being purchased."

While players will be able to use a "Global Play" option to connect with friends on other servers, they will only be able to access the real-money auction house for their local country's server.
cite

In fact, all players are going to have to wait a bit longer than expected to access the real-money auction house. Blizzard now says it won't be available until a week after the game's May 15 launch.
cite
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Isn't a volcano just an angry hill?
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 02 May 2012 - 02:27 PM

POPULAR

Remember when you had games, you put them in the machine and it would just play?
Was This Post Helpful? 6
  • +
  • -

• Like a lollipop
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 15 May 2012 - 06:40 AM

Its out for more then 15h(in Europe at least) sadly it was 1AM in my country since it was released and i`m at work today so tonight i`m going to give it a try. I`m thinking of making a Monk but the Demon Hunter looks cool also and with the two energy sources i think that his game play will be interesting.
Did you play it yet? What do you like about it? What do you hate about it? Whats your char of choice?

This post has been edited by raziel_: 15 May 2012 - 06:49 AM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• XNArchitect
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 15 May 2012 - 06:44 AM

I played during the beta, and I'll admit that I wasn't too impressed. It looked nice and all, but it just felt a little too much like a Diablo 2 remake with prettier visuals. I'll probably buy it in the near future, though.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 15 May 2012 - 06:49 AM

I drove by futureshop at 11PM last night and the place was caked with people... hell on earth?

Gonna attempt to buy it tonight but I might have to wait a little bit :/, looking forward to it though!
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 15 May 2012 - 06:54 AM

Meh.. It's been two dog ages since I played Diablo2... I played quite a bit of Torchlight.. but at the moment I am not running out to call in sick to work today for it... maybe after I finish this Portal2 game.. Have you heard about it? I think this startup 'Valve' company might be big one day.. someone should give them some money.
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Regular

• View blog

Posted 15 May 2012 - 07:17 AM

I played the Witch Doctor in beta. Much darker and bloodier than Diablo 2 was. I installed last night, but it wouldn't unlock until 3AM. I wasn't taking off work because I have responsibilities and all, so it'll get some playtime tonight after kids are in bed (or before, who knows).

I doubt that it will hold my attention like Diablo 1 or Diablo 2 did. But it should be fun for a while.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• (16 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »