9 Replies - 4916 Views - Last Post: 25 October 2011 - 03:14 AM

• D.I.C Lover
  • member icon

• View blog

Lithium CMS

Posted 06 October 2011 - 10:00 AM

Here goes nothing I guess. :)

In August I got this idea for a CMS, a overly-bloated CMS, I began creating it and telling people about it in the DIC IRC room. A few there actually were helping me along the way like, supercorey and nathanpc. Truth be told I was going into it blind like I do most projects. I wrote a rather successfull installation for Lithium, but I thought my code was shit. I wanted to use OOP, PDO, and such. Stuff I never really had experience with. That project failed.

Last night, as I was hearing about Steve Jobs dying, began to make me think about our legacy. What you want to leave behind and everything that makes you innovative. I also got the idea of minimalism into my mind for this. I'm not going to try and chuck it full of features at first. I want to get the core of Lithium done. Then move on to other parts. I coded an extremely light-weight CMS in 2 hours last night. I was so proud of myself. It uses MySQL (as I still don't have much PDO knowledge, I will eventually convert it though), and somehow, I was capable of fully realizing the point of OOP and was able to write code as if it were poetry flowing from my mouth.

This morning I began to work on it some more, and I added a function that shortens the post depending on a value set in the database. I also made it so that you can view single post this morning. Lithium has a fully working theming system. I won't make tutorials/update the wiki on how to do it until a beta is released, but it is possible as of now.

I would like to share with you guys that project. I would like to see if I can creat a community behind it. If you guys have any suggestions of anything you would like to see in it, let me know. I would very much appreiciate it.

Lithium CMS On Github: https://github.com/TerryJune96/Lithium

Me On Twitter: http://twitter.com/TerryJuneJr
My Site: http://terryjune.me/

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 2
  • +

Replies To: Lithium CMS

• D.I.C Lover
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Lithium CMS

Posted 06 October 2011 - 01:20 PM

@sadin56 will be designing the default theme for Lithium. Right now, I'm working on the start of the administration panel, then I'm going to go to the installation and try to get that done. I'm then going to go back to the administration part of Lithium and complete it.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Lover
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 06 October 2011 - 07:43 PM

I'm also proud to announce two new members to the team. I will do a run down of the current members

EnvXOwner(@TerryJuneJr), major backend and frontend developer
Sadin56(@Sadin56), theme developer also minor frontend developer
X@MPP(@vannesssoftware), minor backend developer
supercorey, converting deprecated MySQL stuff I write (I've been meaning to learn PDO) to PDO, also minor backend developer.

I feel as if I have a great well balanced team. Sadin is an excellent UI designer. X@MPP is experienced and can help provide guidence. Supercorey is great with PHP. I can't wait to see what we can produce.
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Lover
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 09 October 2011 - 09:05 AM

Hey guys. I wanted to let anyone who sees this thread that the development of Lithium is going quite smooth. I began to work on the installation yesterday, you can actually see the welcome screen of it here. I've also gotten my blog to run Lithium which I'm surprised that it's stable enough to do. Granted that there wasn't much I had to do to convert my blog to a Lithium one. You can check that out here.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Lover
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 11 October 2011 - 06:30 PM

I'll also be posting articles that I write about Lithium in this thread. Here's one and here's another one.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Lover
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 14 October 2011 - 03:24 PM

So, next week after working on the Lithium installation and a few features like pages and a commenting system, my site will be the first, fully Lithium powered site on the web <3 :D
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Addict
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 16 October 2011 - 08:30 AM

Your site is looking great so far! I'm interested in how the admin panel is coming along. Like how you are posting so far. Can we have screenshots ;).
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Lover
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 16 October 2011 - 08:36 AM

I haven't done much this week unfortunately. It's been a stressful week at school. I'll see what I can get done next week. I haven't touched Lithium at all this week. I'll have screen shots then.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Regular
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 24 October 2011 - 11:43 PM

Heys I'm really interested in taking a look but all the links seem to be broken. Any new ones or redirects?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Lover
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 25 October 2011 - 03:14 AM

Well, I've stopped developing on this project. It was to big with multiple people so I wasn't really good at managing it. The reason why the articles don't work is because my site isn't running Lithium anymore, it's running PyroCMS.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1