8 Replies - 986 Views - Last Post: 07 August 2001 - 09:14 AM Rate Topic: -----

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Activity on the boards

Posted 06 August 2001 - 04:13 PM

On another thread that I had started, I had asked about the possibility of having a Python section within programming. Well, runtime error had brought up how both the C++ and VB threads are barely making it at the moment. I was going to add something about that in the other thread, but I thought that it might be more appropriate here.

I have found that a person really doesn't neccesarilly need to know a language to be able to help someone out. I have learned this from experience. I do the majority of my programming in PHP. The reason is that a friend of mine was learning PHP and asked me for some help in writing some applications. I had no idea what PHP was at the time, so I would help him by telling him how I would do something in C++. Well, it turned out that what I was telling him, was working with some modifications in the syntax.

So you see, we can help each other out if you do know programming. You may not know the specifics of a language, but if someone needs help in the flow of a program, then we may be able to help them by telling them how we would do it with the language that we use. Basically, this could be done through the writing of psuedo-code perhaps.

So let's see if we can't get the programming section of this board more active by helping others out. Who knows, you may evcen learn something about another language.

tsmoke

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Activity on the boards

• Head DIC Head
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Activity on the boards

Posted 06 August 2001 - 05:19 PM

on the 15th of this month, the local school will start again, and the c++ class will be activley using this site for all their programming needs. Action will pickup

If you know of any sites that have programming stuff, send an email or post about this site to attract new member and get the programming forums going again.

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• i am colt mccoy
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 06 August 2001 - 05:33 PM

thats tite, hooking up w/ the school, ill be taking the c++ class sometime, im going into 9th and am already taking two 10th grade computer courses so they may not let me but im trying 2 get into it, u dont mind if i hook up my class either do ya?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Head DIC Head
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 06 August 2001 - 06:07 PM

Not at all man!
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• serial frotteur - RUDEST MEMBER ON D.I.C.
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 06 August 2001 - 09:12 PM

anyone and everyone is welcome, and yea, we started to do the skool hook up at the end of last year, were gonna do it again, and possibly the web development class too.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Lucky.Code
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 06 August 2001 - 09:45 PM

when i said that the c++ and the VB forums were barely making it i meant that no one was aking questions. No one was programming and sharing there programs, myself included. But now i have time to do some research and windows programming. and just as i pomised i will make a windows program. i just quit my job and now i am able to program yay. :biggrin:

Any way as said before we are going to have all those classes ask for help. And I hope to get some expert programmers come in and help.(NULL And Void for instance).
But we will really get the C++ and VB forum really going and maybe your python forum won't be far behind.

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Head DIC Head
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 06 August 2001 - 10:11 PM

I'ma email null and void tomorrow, did you guys get any response from him?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Regular
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 07 August 2001 - 08:13 AM

This thread makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. Programming solidarity.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• serial frotteur - RUDEST MEMBER ON D.I.C.
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 07 August 2001 - 09:14 AM

yea i got a response sky, he said he was kind out of town for like 6 weeks, one of the reasons he didnt stop by, and that he would think about it.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1