2 Replies - 285 Views - Last Post: 09 October 2011 - 11:20 PM Rate Topic: -----

#1 Dogstopper  Icon User is online

• The Ninjaducky
  • member icon

• View blog

Three reasons to keep your eyes on Google - The Globe and Mail

Posted 09 October 2011 - 08:50 PM

http://www.theglobea...article2196181/

During the past month, as rivals such as Apple and Research In Motion dominated headlines in the technology world with both good and bad news, Google has remained relatively quiet. This week, the company takes the spotlight.

The Mountain View, Calif., firm behind the world’s most popular search engine reports its third-quarter earnings results on Thursday. And although investors will still keep a close eye on how well the company is doing in its core business of selling ads, most of the interest will be on Google’s burgeoning mobile device strategy.

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 1
  • +

Replies To: Three reasons to keep your eyes on Google - The Globe and Mail

• Programming Theoretician
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Three reasons to keep your eyes on Google - The Globe and Mail

Posted 09 October 2011 - 11:12 PM

Interesting article. I think we all know they are going to make some cash... they control as much as 49% of the mobile market. I think investors just want to know how much cash they will be making, not whether or not they will make some cash.

:)
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Monomania
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Three reasons to keep your eyes on Google - The Globe and Mail

Posted 09 October 2011 - 11:20 PM

It is interesting to know what will happen if Google loses the lawsuit against Android. Smartphones are gaining popularity on my country and I'm in the process of buying one too. It would be a disaster (as the article puts it) if Google loses, so I hope they don't lose.
I've all but given hope on G+ beating Facebook though.
By the way, aren't the major players on the mobile market now Google and Apple? iOS vs Android? Or are other OS's(?) still in the battle?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1