aaargh visual c++

Page 1 of 1

3 Replies - 1264 Views - Last Post: 11 April 2001 - 05:51 PM Rate Topic: -----

• Lucky.Code
  • member icon

• View blog

VC + DOS=NO POWER

Posted 11 April 2001 - 01:42 PM

That is it I have had it with visual c++. Sure it might be alright for Windows programming and novice programming in dos. But as soon as you want a little more power in dos you have to go the long way around it.

I can not print anything to the printer in dos. In order to change the color of the background you have to do massive programming. If you want to do a really good program in dos get Borland.

By the way any help on the printer thing is appreciated. Thanks for reading.

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: VC + DOS=NO POWER

• serial frotteur - RUDEST MEMBER ON D.I.C.
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: VC + DOS=NO POWER

Posted 11 April 2001 - 05:07 PM

i read your post on programmersheaven and i still got no idea except to use borland or maybe get vc 6.0, you could send it to me and i can compile and see if it works since i have 6.0 and then on monday i can give you the cd so you can load it.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Regular

• View blog

Posted 11 April 2001 - 05:36 PM

Yeah C++ is a dieing art, and for good reason. It's kind of like html is. Yeah, it's good to know, but when you have editors like fp2k and dreamweaver, there's really not much of a need for it. In fact, I had to go do a review of basic tags the other day because I forgot how to link an image. heh heh It's img SRC="whatever.jpg" NOT img source="whatever.jpg" I was about ready to pull my hair out, not know what I was doing wrong, and getting even more angry at the fact that I had only been using fp2k for like 6 months and had already forgotten so much.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Lucky.Code
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 11 April 2001 - 05:51 PM

Quote: from supersloth on 7:07 pm on April 11, 2001
i read your post on programmersheaven and i still got no idea except to use borland or maybe get vc 6.0, you could send it to me and i can compile and see if it works since i have 6.0 and then on monday i can give you the cd so you can load it.

VC 6.0 won't have stdprn either. Only older versions of VC++ has it. Go figure. Borland is better any way. it comes with graphics.h and it's conio.h has more functions.

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1