4 Replies - 321 Views - Last Post: 12 October 2011 - 09:31 PM Rate Topic: -----

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

need help with a programming issue

Posted 12 October 2011 - 08:46 PM

I have a situation that needs some help resolving and I'm having a difficult time finding answers to make an intelligent decision. I currently trade futures on NinjaTrader. The program has a feature called "Account Groups" and using that feature you can select multiple accounts to trade at one time. The problem arises in that NT will only allow you to trade one lot per account. I need a feature that will allow me to trade as I wish, 2 lots for one account, 3 lots for one account, 1 lot for one account, etc.... While my FCM is Interactive Brokers which uses Trader Work Station. So far to date no one has been able to tell me a work around for this and create an environment where I can adjust the lot size for different accounts traded together.

Now If I changed to MultiCharts this problem is solved as there their interface simply passes the trade through to TWS where I can create a Group Allocation and select the number of lots per account.

The question becomes, is there a workaround for NT or do I just move to MC? From what I've read here and elsewhere the platforms are very similar as far as built charts look like, and while the program language looks more impressive in NT than easy language in MC, it's all greek to me on programing...This is not my area at all.

Those of you with much more experience with the two platforms and how the programming aspect of this all works please advise.

While new DIC Head seems appropriate, it's more accurate to describe my knowledge of programming as DUMB AS A BOX OF ROCKS...just the facts

This post has been edited by tlhIn`toq: 13 October 2011 - 06:49 AM

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: need help with a programming issue

• Not Your Ordinary Programmer
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: need help with a programming issue

Posted 12 October 2011 - 08:53 PM

Maybe I am missing something, but what does this have to do with C#?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 12 October 2011 - 09:04 PM

View Posteclipsed4utoo, on 12 October 2011 - 08:53 PM, said:

Maybe I am missing something, but what does this have to do with C#?

Eclipsed, that is a very good question...while I don't know programming I know that NinjaTrader is written in C# and for me to get what I want, someone who knows what this means will probably have to write a program/script or whatever it is that programmers do to make this work... If I'm still in the wrong place, then simply chock this up to, "I don't know anything and when I believed I had found an audience of people who could help me fix this, I was wrong again. Please understand I'm not asking anyone to do anything for free....I haven't found anyone yet who even indicated that they could do what I want done...and it's not rocket science..or at least I didn't think so...

Please advise,

Chuck
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Not Your Ordinary Programmer
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 12 October 2011 - 09:18 PM

I don't know anything about NinjaTrader. Is it open-sourced? Can we edit the code freely? Having you state you know nothing about programming, normally, we can't just go changing the code in applications. We have to have the source code or we have to decompile it(which is a pain to read sometimes). So it's not just as easy as, "Hey, change this text". If you can't get the source code, then you are probably SOL.

We are more of a community that helps other developers. If you want to hire somebody to do this for you, then you can create a thread in the Post A Job forum.
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 12 October 2011 - 09:31 PM

View Posteclipsed4utoo, on 12 October 2011 - 09:18 PM, said:

I don't know anything about NinjaTrader. Is it open-sourced? Can we edit the code freely? Having you state you know nothing about programming, normally, we can't just go changing the code in applications. We have to have the source code or we have to decompile it(which is a pain to read sometimes). So it's not just as easy as, "Hey, change this text". If you can't get the source code, then you are probably SOL.

We are more of a community that helps other developers. If you want to hire somebody to do this for you, then you can create a thread in the Post A Job forum.

Thank you sir as you have been much helpful...I do believe it is open-sourced, but can't swear to that...there are lots of people who write scripts for it...just not what I want

Thanks again,

chuck
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1