• (5 Pages)
  • +

67 Replies - 49339 Views - Last Post: 01 September 2015 - 08:21 AM

• Games, Graphs, and Auctions
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: A Change to Edit Times

Posted 04 March 2012 - 03:02 PM

Worst case, you can hit the reply button on the post if you can't edit it, and continue on that way. :)
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

• = -1
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 04 March 2012 - 03:16 PM

Doh, of course. Ta mac :)
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 03 May 2012 - 01:34 AM

As a new user who just wants to contribute with what I know (and receive help of course), I find these limitations rather annoying..
I always forget that one question mark, comma, or whatever, and I just want to have my posts to be just right..

On the other hand, what I hate more is finding a thread with a topic indicating that it is exactly what I need, only to find out that anything useful have been edited away..

If I have to choose between the two evils I guess this solution would be my choice, it's just a shame it have to be this way.. Oh well, it is what it is..
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 19 May 2012 - 11:14 AM

This is a good addition for this website....I hope that I've read this post before joining the forum hehehe... but this site really helps me a lot with my programming
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 07 April 2013 - 10:34 PM

Huh, Why would you implement this? What if there is an error?

Never mind Maxconerd answered my problem
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 07 May 2013 - 12:11 PM

this rediculous! I just registered and I accidentally put my full real name in my code and needed to take it out by editing my post.. you should not be tyrants like this!!
Was This Post Helpful? -1
  • +
  • -

#37 modi123_1  Icon User is online

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 07 May 2013 - 12:19 PM

... or you can use the 'report' button at the bottom of every post, throw in a quick description of what you need removed, and click 'send' so a mod can get to it. :sigh:/>
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 07 May 2013 - 12:25 PM

I shouldn't have to get a moderator to edit MY post! I should be able to edit it myself!!
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#39 modi123_1  Icon User is online

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 07 May 2013 - 12:26 PM

*shrug* such are the rules. The first post, here, explains (pretty clearly) why.

Don't worry - this tyrant made an educated guess on what you wanted removed from your post and fixed it for you.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• (╯□)╯︵ (~ .o.)~
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 07 May 2013 - 12:36 PM

I shouldn't have to get a moderator to edit MY post!

Try to think of it this way:

As soon as you post, it's no longer your post. It's our post. It's the internet's post. You need to think that way for every site on the internet. Be careful what information you put out there, because you have no way of knowing who will do what with it. Once you put it out there, you can rarely get it back.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 07 May 2013 - 01:59 PM

View PostCurtis Rutland, on 07 May 2013 - 12:36 PM, said:

I shouldn't have to get a moderator to edit MY post!

Try to think of it this way:

As soon as you post, it's no longer your post. It's our post. It's the internet's post. You need to think that way for every site on the internet. Be careful what information you put out there, because you have no way of knowing who will do what with it. Once you put it out there, you can rarely get it back.

"it's the internet's post" lol riiight.. what I post on the internet that is my original content IS mine and no one else's, that's why we have a little thing called PLAGIARISM that makes taking something that is someone else's and making it not their is ILLEGAL.. wow i thought i would get something good out of this site.. looks like there are slim chances of that. i put MY post on another developer forum right after this one and already got a better response than I had here... I regret signing up for this crap and I think I will just abandon it.
Was This Post Helpful? -6
  • +
  • -

#42 modi123_1  Icon User is online

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 07 May 2013 - 02:04 PM

Well.. Have a good one.

If you have any specific commentary on the site, your artificial race you pegged this site against others, and etc... you are welcome to shoot me a pm.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• MrCupOfT
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 07 May 2013 - 02:08 PM

POPULAR

We have this thing called Licensing. It's in the terms of use which you agreed to by signing up, says otherwise.

License: By participating in the Forum, you agree that the owner shall have non-exclusive, unlimited and irrevocable rights (including economic, moral and all other rights that may exist in such material) and license to use, display, publish or communicate to the public, permit others to publish, the Posts, Messages, Snippets, Tutorials, and other works submitted to the Site, online and offline, for a fee or otherwise, in whole or in part, throughout the world and in any form, media, or technology now known or later developed without need of any notice, remuneration, compensation, royalties or attribution to you.

Was This Post Helpful? 5
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 29 May 2013 - 02:10 AM

Hello,

I may have missed it stated somewhere and if so I'm very sorry, but one thing I would like is the ability to mark the post you started as solved. Maybe the possibility to add a comment with the solved button thing. So you could write what you did to solve it or similar. This would prevent edit of the original thread by us noobs but we could still change the topic to solved so others can see that it is not just a conversation about the topic stretching for 8 pages, but it is actually solved :) Just my two cents and again. Sorry if this is the wrong time and place.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Professor Snuggly Pants
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 29 May 2013 - 04:49 AM

Just follow up with a new post noting that the issue was resolved. There isn't any reason to have 'solved' vs 'not solved' topics. We support discussion here at Dream In Code. Sharing ideas & coding education, not just problem solving.

Dream In Code is not a support site. It is a community of programmers.

@thewebiphyerYou have four posts & three of them are in here bitching. Others have ruined post edit times by using our resources & then trashing their own content. They do this to bypass their schools restrictions so they can cheat on projects & get help when they knew they would get caught otherwise.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• (5 Pages)
  • +