Good idea. Nice job.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: A Change to Edit Times

Posted 21 August 2015 - 04:50 PM

This seems like a great idea for support posts, something other sites should take on board. As a person offering services though, it's incredibly frustrating that I can't update the OP in my classified thread to show my latest work (and look less shabby, haha). Could the editing limitations be lifted for the Advertise Your Services forum? Pretty please?

View PostGeoff Moore, on 21 August 2015 - 04:46 PM, said:

This seems like a great idea for support posts, something other sites should take on board. As a person offering services though, it's incredibly frustrating that I can't update the OP in my classified thread to show my latest work (and look less shabby, haha). Could the editing limitations be lifted for the Advertise Your Services forum? Pretty please?

...aaand I just read back through the thread and saw that's not possible. Sorry about that. It may amuse others in this thread to know that I again spent several seconds searching for the edit button to put this in the above post. -_-

View PostGeoff Moore, on 21 August 2015 - 04:49 PM, said:

...aaand I just read back through the thread and saw that's not possible. Sorry about that. It may amuse others in this thread to know that I again spent several seconds searching for the edit button to put this in the above post. -_-/>

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 31 August 2015 - 03:44 PM

Is the editing of posts global - i.e. after you have reached the threshold for number of posts can you edit previous posts or only those new ones? I ask as I forgot to preview and proof read some before posting and they have spelling errors in code which I need to fix for user view. Thanks!
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Games, Graphs, and Auctions
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 31 August 2015 - 03:54 PM

Just append a post with the fixes if you feel it necessary. New editors only have 15 minutes, so it's not like you'd have much to work with.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 31 August 2015 - 04:00 PM

I understand, but I'm asking if I can change "older posts" or am I only able to change "new posts" after reaching the 15 post threshold? Thanks :)
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Games, Graphs, and Auctions
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 31 August 2015 - 04:01 PM

I don't know what the forum software permits. I would imagine older posts but don't know. With 15 minutes though, it's not much of an issue. :)
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 31 August 2015 - 04:01 PM

I don't yet see any edit/append buttons.

Edit; Ah, see it now, but it doesn't allow you to edit older posts :( Hmm... How does one edit an older post then? Thanks!

This post has been edited by AshleySmith: 31 August 2015 - 04:03 PM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• (╯□)╯︵ (~ .o.)~
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 01 September 2015 - 08:21 AM

This is clearly explained in the first post of this thread:

Below is the complete breakdown for edit times:
Just Registered [0 Posts] Can't Edit
New Members [1-15 posts] Can't Edit
Members [16-50 posts] 15 minutes
Active Members [50+ posts] 24 Hours
Contributors 1 Week
Authors 1 Month
Experts 1 Month
Mentors 3 Months

Only Moderators or people with moderator privileges can edit posts regardless of age. Everyone without mod privs have a limited edit window. This is because we've had widespread abuse of the edit feature to get homework help then scrub their question so they don't get caught cheating. We're not interested in providing help that doesn't have the potential to help other people; therefore we prevent people from clearing out their posts. Forums should be considered archives. There's no good reason to edit an old post aside from typos. Anything you need to add can be added via comment.

So to answer your question: there is no way for you to edit your old posts.

If you've accidentally left private information in a code snippet or post, like a password or a server name or person's name, please click the "Report" button on the post in question. Explain exactly what you'd like removed, and we'll be more than happy to assist.
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

• (5 Pages)
  • +
  • « First