• (2 Pages)
  • +

18 Replies - 2106 Views - Last Post: 19 November 2011 - 11:58 PM

• D.I.C Addict
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Redesign of my Site

Posted 30 October 2011 - 03:13 PM

Added a short cut "rick" but without the quotes. It should work as long as you are on the site and it is active. If you click of the site then it won't work.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 31 October 2011 - 08:49 AM

Overall, the visual design is pretty nice, though I would jump over to FontSquirrel.com and find a cool font or two to make this really nice. That's the thing about minimalist design: if the typography is bad, the whole thing is bad.

As for the scroller, it's got some bugs. Things are going wacky all over the place. Considering you're just taking advantage of jQuery plugins, I'd think there'd be fewer bugs, however it may be a combination of the plugins or maybe just your implementation of them. Anyway, I like the scroller effect (when bugless). It just seems to be a synchronization problem between clicking the links and using the arrow keys. Every time you use the arrow key, it seems to move the base for the links.

I think the directions for using the arrow keys should be at the top too. That way it's more noticeable. Also, maybe some clickable arrow buttons would be nice for panning between pages. Some people like to keep their hand on the mouse, if it's already there.

Finally, it's "Distraction", not "Destraction", and maybe a toggle button would work better than having 2 buttons.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Addict
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 31 October 2011 - 03:50 PM

Yeah the arrow controls currently don't update the cookie in which the menu uses. Still need to add that so it will work better. I am trying to work out the kinks and trying to make it so it doesn't become too large because of different browsers.

Thankfully you have told me about the spelling mistake as no one has told me so far and my spelling is not the best nor grammar.

For your feedback I will allow you to know a secret code which is "rick" without the quotes of course. Just need to type that in when you are on the site and have fun.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Pragmatism over Dogma
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 19 November 2011 - 11:58 PM

Interesting design idea, I will give you that for sure.

The text is too small in my opinion. I'm having slight problems reading it, and I can imaging anyone with worse vision than me will have their face pressed to the monitor to read it.

Simple design, clean, effective. I would consider adding some more whitespace to some of the elements on the page such as the QR reader codes (I believe that's what those were.) I can't say I'm a fan of the fade to white that they have on the top. Is it supposed to be a logo or what is the general purpose? I have to admit my knowledge of these scan-based images is quite limited.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• (2 Pages)
  • +