1 Replies - 9493 Views - Last Post: 15 October 2011 - 08:12 PM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

TosIPCSrv.exe wont start activated

Posted 13 October 2011 - 11:44 AM

I have a problem and found this existing post in the forum that matched my issue:

When I start up my computer... (Vista) I got Toshiba Satellite
I get a warning message says: TosIPCSrv.exe stopped working correctly.

What does it mean? How do I fix it?

Someone replied as followed (below) - which I followed but the Start Button (after 3 seconds or so) goes back to being available - in other words - The service didn't start or won't stay activated. Help !

I've had this same problem. This is the Toshiba SMART log service, which recognizes problems with your hard drive, and catches them, before they cause serious problems. To get it working again, you will need to go to control panel, double click on " administrative tools," double click " services, " scroll down, until you find " Toshiba SMART Log Service," double click and open. Under the " General " tab Start up type, put it to start automatically, under " Service Status, click " Start. Now, go to: Recovery Tab. Under " First Failure," set it to: " Restart the Service." I hope this helps. I could not get any assistance from the Toshiba site, or their customer service. Here is a link, that might offer some more assistance. Good luck.

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: TosIPCSrv.exe wont start activated

#2 no2pencil  Icon User is online

• Professor Snuggly Pants
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: TosIPCSrv.exe wont start activated

Posted 15 October 2011 - 08:12 PM

That reply is correct. If the service is set to do nothing when it fails, then you get that warning message. If you set the service to automatically restart upon failure, it will attempt to restart the service.

As for why it's failing you should be able to look under the Windows event viewer.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1