2 Replies - 1130 Views - Last Post: 15 October 2011 - 03:56 PM Rate Topic: -----

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

A new task...... model loading in opengl

Posted 13 October 2011 - 08:08 PM

Well I'm back again this time i need some help with model loading. I need a place to start like a tut on loading models, and I'm trying to find out what format of models to use like 3ds, COLLADA, OBJ, etc.
Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: A new task...... model loading in opengl

• フカユ
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: A new task...... model loading in opengl

Posted 14 October 2011 - 01:41 AM

First of all what research have you done already, google is your friend. Is it really too much effort to google "3D model loading tutorials in OpenGL"? It will be much more helpful if you go and research somewhat and then present us with more specific problems.

With the information you have given we can only really give you an opinion, mine is probably worth as much as the next guy.
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: A new task...... model loading in opengl

Posted 15 October 2011 - 03:56 PM

Well of coarse I tried googling it, I've tried creating several types of loaders "all resulting in failure." I have tried 3ds, obj, md2, ms3d, and COLLADA, not to mention that a lot of the tuts and articles are out dated I am right now using VC++ 2008, while a lot of the tuts where written using c or versions earlier than VC++ 2008, for example the ms3d loader tut on NeHe "Outdated". I'm also a novice 3d programmer "very young". This might sound like a bunch of excuses to you, but their all true.

Well actually now that I think about what types of loaders I tried only two of them worked which was obj and md2.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1