3 Replies - 4428 Views - Last Post: 17 October 2011 - 09:51 AM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Please Review my site for SEO improvement

Posted 14 October 2011 - 10:19 AM

Good Afternoon Everyone,

I'm trying to advance my SEO skills and have recently rebuilt all my sites to hopefully get me better organic results than our competitors that use pay-per-click marketing directory sites.

Would you please review my largest site and give me your honest opinion?

http://www.griffinrad.com

Thank you,
Aaron Renfroe

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Please Review my site for SEO improvement

• D.I.C Regular

• View blog

Re: Please Review my site for SEO improvement

Posted 17 October 2011 - 03:40 AM

Honest opinion...

The site looks crap, its build using tables and is really slow loading.

As for the SEO, the titles and meta descriptions should be rewritten, meta keywords should be ditched as no Search Engines use them anymore.

Do you have Twitter/A blog?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Pragmatism over Dogma
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 17 October 2011 - 09:13 AM

I'd have to agree. The fact that you're throwing around so many buzzwords leads me to think you're not very familiar with the tech scene, so more than likely you used a site generator of some sort instead of actually learning code.

You're making it way harder on yourself by using tables and whatever method you used to patch this together. Using cleaner code you could cut the site size down a good 80% easily, which is a substantial load off of your visitors.
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 17 October 2011 - 09:51 AM

View PostKingCuddles, on 17 October 2011 - 03:40 AM, said:

Honest opinion...

The site looks crap, its build using tables and is really slow loading.

As for the SEO, the titles and meta descriptions should be rewritten, meta keywords should be ditched as no Search Engines use them anymore.

Do you have Twitter/A blog?

Ask a honest question...

Seriously though, thank you for your feedback. I will rebuild the site using CSS, and research how to write a proper title tag. Unfortunately we don't have a blog or twitter. I have requested that we set them up, but haven't been able to get approval.

Thank you,
Aaron

View PostLemur, on 17 October 2011 - 09:13 AM, said:

I'd have to agree. The fact that you're throwing around so many buzzwords leads me to think you're not very familiar with the tech scene, so more than likely you used a site generator of some sort instead of actually learning code.

You're making it way harder on yourself by using tables and whatever method you used to patch this together. Using cleaner code you could cut the site size down a good 80% easily, which is a substantial load off of your visitors.

Hi Lemur,

Actually i did all the coding myself, not that i want to admit to it now, but i did. If CSS will lighten the load 80% i will definetly swtich it over. Any other advice?

Thank you,
Aaron
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1