4 Replies - 425 Views - Last Post: 15 October 2011 - 06:16 PM

• D.I.C Regular

• View blog

java based Baby Calendar program

Posted 14 October 2011 - 06:42 PM

The other day my wife asked me if I knew of any programs that she could track in due dates for some of her friends on a pregnancy forum. She asked me if I could make and or find a program that does a few of the following: 1 be a nice calendar that you can click about easily and view all due dates of people that are entered into this program. 2 she wants to make a fun little betting bit. Her idea was that say someone is due December 1st. Some of her friends would bet (i dont know what they are betting with..but betting none the less) on when the baby would actually be born.

Since I love java and the ability for it to run on so many different machines with little to no prep work then I feel that it would be best suited for this project. I will be working on this, but if you'd like to join in on this fun free project i'd be happy to include you in on what i have so far. I work in netbeans but I HIGHLY HIGHLY hate the GUI builder that it has, so I will be sticking with programming all the GUI by hand. I hope to be done in about a month. So if you would like to help feel free to message me, email me, contact me however and we'll chat

:)

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: java based Baby Calendar program

• They don't think it be like it is, but it do
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: java based Baby Calendar program

Posted 14 October 2011 - 06:54 PM

Sounds like an excellent idea. Nothing makes me happier than knowing somebody is trying to tackle a problem and willing to get their hands dirty doing it.
I salute you.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Regular

• View blog

Posted 14 October 2011 - 06:56 PM

you wanna join in?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• They don't think it be like it is, but it do
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 14 October 2011 - 07:03 PM

Well I suck at Java, so I'd just be slowing you down
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 15 October 2011 - 06:16 PM

Hello immeraufdemhund, I am interested in your program. I will email you soon. Thanks.

View Postimmeraufdemhund, on 14 October 2011 - 06:42 PM, said:

The other day my wife asked me if I knew of any programs that she could track in due dates for some of her friends on a pregnancy forum. She asked me if I could make and or find a program that does a few of the following: 1 be a nice calendar that you can click about easily and view all due dates of people that are entered into this program. 2 she wants to make a fun little betting bit. Her idea was that say someone is due December 1st. Some of her friends would bet (i dont know what they are betting with..but betting none the less) on when the baby would actually be born.

Since I love java and the ability for it to run on so many different machines with little to no prep work then I feel that it would be best suited for this project. I will be working on this, but if you'd like to join in on this fun free project i'd be happy to include you in on what i have so far. I work in netbeans but I HIGHLY HIGHLY hate the GUI builder that it has, so I will be sticking with programming all the GUI by hand. I hope to be done in about a month. So if you would like to help feel free to message me, email me, contact me however and we'll chat

:)

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1