I should like to build a Desktop Personal Computer by myself.
Because before I always have been using a laptop.
I have not very much knowledge of hardware, only the very basics.
(With basics I mean I know how the pieces of a computer looks, but I suppose that's all)
Because I don't have a very high budget for now, I think I have to spend the most on part's who are quite important and don't have to be replaced in the next few years, like the motherboard and the tower/case.
I should like to have the following things supported in the computer:
- Capability to attach 3 (three) monitors/screens (but for now only 1), I suppose this have something to do with the video-card ??
- Capability to attach DVD/Blu-ray/CD reader/writer, suppose this have to do with the motherboard ???
- About 10 USB inputs available which are all powered, this has something to do with the tower/case and motherboard.
- Capability to replace video-card and sound-card.
- I've also read a few about 2 or more video-cards build on the motherboard, but I don't really know how this could work.
- 8 GB RAM should be nice.
- Motherboard have (of course) to support every part and capability to have multiple and replaceable video-cards and monitors?
- Quite fast 64bit Quad-Core processor (CPU), maybe Intel, which should be able to get replaced later (when I have more to spend)
- Maybe a SSD for start-up and HDD for data? (Maybe multiple for both, and able to attach later) I don't know if it could be possible for this but when my computer is started op from SSD, it should be a waste of energy to start up all other hard-disks, so could it be possible to selectively start up and shut down those hard-disks when running, because this could save lots of energy.
I know quality and low-budget are not really things who could work together, but I should really like to build one.
For this I only need the computer itself. (So without mouse, keyboard, monitors...)
I also don't need the operating system for now, but the computer (motherboard/CPU) has to be able to support Windows8.
But I do need the computer case and all parts inside.
I've also not very much experience with configuring the BIOS, because I think I have to configure everything in it, such as the 3 monitors, amount of video-cards and everything else, maybe you could you give me advise/clarity about this?
So for short:
I should like to build a 64bit Quad-Core computer, able to attach 3 monitors, multiple USB-inputs and internal disk places (SSD/HDD), also able to replace important parts like video- and sound-card. With 8 GB RAM.
Now... after this very long text typed I hope my wishes are clearly.
I hope someone or some could give me advise about which parts could stick together and recommend me a few brands for the pieces.
Thanks in advance,
This post has been edited by Sinned: 20 October 2011 - 08:20 AM