1 Replies - 1924 Views - Last Post: 22 October 2011 - 04:38 PM Rate Topic: -----

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

File transfer over TCP and RMI

Posted 22 October 2011 - 04:35 PM

Hi!

I'm pretty new to Java, so I stuck with my TCP server and client programming. I'm trying to create server that can (when requested by client): a) list contents of a specified folder
B) send .wav file while using buffer of 10 KB

Client should save all received packets in a buffer of the same size as the sent file and then on the hard drive.

Problem with RMI server and client is similar. I need two methods, one for sending requested parts (initial file is separated on "i" parts sized 10 KB (size of buffer)) and other for listing content of a folder with .wav files including number od their parts. Server should be able to send file parts as objects that implement interface called FilePart. Another words, I want a method FilePart (int i, String filename) implemented on server (I guess it should have constructor like the one I wrote here). Then client should do the same thing as in the TCP case. I know I maybe look for to detailed answer but I'm having serious problems with that and that keeps me from advancing in my project. And the deadline is close :D So, please help if I'm not asking too much! Thx people! :)

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: File transfer over TCP and RMI

• There is nothing you can't do with a JTable
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: File transfer over TCP and RMI

Posted 22 October 2011 - 04:38 PM

Welcome at DIC
Show us your actual code
We'll try to find out what is wrong with it
Was This Post Helpful? 0