1 Replies - 3676 Views - Last Post: 01 November 2011 - 07:24 AM

• D.I.C Regular

• View blog

Flex & PHP

Posted 29 October 2011 - 07:42 PM

Hi all.
Does anyone knows how to "connect" to a specific function from php.file? I know how to retrieve information from php.file in the usual way (HTTPService), but I don't know how to retrieve only one function..etc

Thanks
Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Flex & PHP

• I'm a cheeseburger
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Flex & PHP

Posted 01 November 2011 - 07:24 AM

When you retrieve a PHP page you aren't actually retrieving code. How PHP on the server usually works is when you request a file marked for processing in the PHP runtime is then processed. The script in the file is ran generating a whole new file/document in memory. That resulting document is then passed to the client who requested the file.

So you can't retrieve a given function from a php file. What you retrieve is the result of that php file being processed.

If you want to call some routine that acts like a function. You can have a php file that it, on its own, is a routine (you won't actually need to write a 'php function' with that syntax). Where it creates a document that is the result to the function.

If you want something that acts more like a web service. There are other choices that act better as web services including Ruby on Rails or WCF.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1