3 Replies - 1486 Views - Last Post: 20 November 2011 - 07:45 AM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Site for making music

Posted 31 October 2011 - 05:45 PM

Hello,

I have been working on a webpage where users can put on their recorded music tracks, and then combine them into songs. I would like to get some opinions about it. I also have a bit of a problem getting more registered users, which is essential for this page, because only then it would become really useful. This is because it depends on other users adding tracks to your track, which is then used to make songs. So if someone also got suggestion on how I could get a few extra registered users... The page is overjam.com

Thanks

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Site for making music

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: Site for making music

Posted 01 November 2011 - 06:52 AM

Hey Mechanix,

Great idea! But in all honesty I think that the colors you are using are quite bland, I think a lighter blue would be more appropriate (possibly the highlight color) along with another color.

The banner could also do with a little more jazz to it, and also larger.

As for the songs section, align the search input (there is a padding-left of 9px), and also put a 2-3px padding on each of the highlightable fields. You could also put a margin-top/padding-top on the display field.

But good job so far,

Boy67
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Pragmatism over Dogma
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 19 November 2011 - 11:54 PM

I would rework your logo. Spend a while on a sheet of paper sketching out every single idea that comes to you. Do this over the period of 2-3 days, at least 1-2 hours a day. This will help you refine your ideas and come up with a solid logo.

The purpose of a logo is to be instantly recognizable, memorable, scalable, and effective. It is one of if not the most important element of your site, second only to the actual content.

In the songs area I would suggest removing the gradients on the actual song links, they're too small and the gradient hurts the readability. I would also remove the teal-ish color behind it and increase the spacing between the elements between 1 and 3 px. Add some bottom margin as well, the see more bar needs to be spaced further down.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 20 November 2011 - 07:45 AM

Thank you very much for your very useful suggestions, I appreciate it very much.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1