1 Replies - 7074 Views - Last Post: 11 November 2011 - 04:51 PM

• D.I.C Addict

• View blog

Sharepoint 2010: View as non-editing user?

Posted 01 November 2011 - 08:04 AM

Does anyone know if there is a way in Sharepoint 2010, to switch your role to that of a user without any editing rights? As I want to be able to check that my page appears correctly to other users, but I obviously have the editing rights so I can't view it without them.

I was going to just login with a test account, but apparently we don't have any at the moment, nor do I know how to create one, and everyone in this office has editing rights, so they would all see the same as me.

Thanks.

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Sharepoint 2010: View as non-editing user?

• I'm an @sshole :)

• View blog

Re: Sharepoint 2010: View as non-editing user?

Posted 11 November 2011 - 04:51 PM

You're saying that everyone has "editing" rights. I see here that there are actually 5 different permission levels, and that with each level comes different customizable views. So, while I'm not sure that it would be of any help, or if your company has the licenses to do this, it may be possible to set up a Limited Access account.
From what I have found, the only other solution would be to make yourself a limited access user, then when your testing is complete, have someone modify you back to where you should be and with the permissions you should have.
Hope this helps.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1