• +
  • Last »

151 Replies - 8824 Views - Last Post: 28 November 2011 - 10:04 AM

• I don't care
  • member icon

• View blog

Man beats his daughter for using the internet

Posted 01 November 2011 - 03:22 PM

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=Wl9y3SIPt7o (graphic)

This man, who is a judge, beat his daughter back in 2004 for using the internet. She says she just new released the video because the 'harassment' became too much.

I don't think things like this are justified, even if the man is her dad. Beating your children over something so trivial seems pretty stupid, and I think the dad should be punished.

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 3
  • +

Replies To: Man beats his daughter for using the internet

• D.I.C Addict
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Man beats his daughter for using the internet

Posted 01 November 2011 - 03:34 PM

I better delete all my pirated stuff...

But being serious, that's horrible. I mean even if he's a judge and enforces the law that's just horrible. When I saw the mother doing it I just felt sick.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• or something bad...real bad.
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 01 November 2011 - 03:35 PM

POPULAR

My parents used a belt on my ass a few times when I was younger. I don't hate my parents for it. I don't think they should be punished for it. I don't feel like some great injustice was done to me (although i'm sure i did at the time). I was a shithead, and I deserved it. EOF.

This post has been edited by dorknexus: 01 November 2011 - 03:37 PM

Was This Post Helpful? 15
  • +
  • -

• Hash != Encryption
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 01 November 2011 - 03:59 PM

Some parents just don't know any other way of stopping their kids from doing illegal activities other than giving them a good spanking. And to me, that's all it looked like.

But this really raises a question, how far is too far? How can you punish kids without violence in a way that they will learn to NEVER do something again?

I also don't like how the description is really biased and tries to put the girl in the best possible light (turns out it was actually written by the girl).
"for using the internet to acquire music and games that were unavailable for legal purchase at the time." - She pirated. Do you know how much the fines are for getting caught? They could lose all of their possessions and possibly even their house because she wanted some games and music.

"technology, which was strictly forbidden by her father's backwards views" - Yeah, I'd ban my kids from the internet until they were pretty old and even then, I would still restrict usage. And I'd be pretty pissed (not to the point of beating though) if I found out that their time on the computer was spent doing illegal activities.

This post has been edited by creativecoding: 01 November 2011 - 04:10 PM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• I'm a cheeseburger
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 01 November 2011 - 05:02 PM

lol, shit, whiny kids like that would never have survived the house I grew up in.

One day walking home I passed the entourage of kids I call my siblings all walking away from the house. Stoned and bewildered by the sight I asked what was up, I was informed that dad told everyone to go for a walk. I asked where our mother was, she was at work...

When I entered the house I slowly went from room to room trying to locate my father. I wimpered 'daaaaaaad' before I entered each room. Came out onto the back porch and as I was re-entering into the kitchen I feel an arm grab my shoulder.

"So... I'll ask you only once. Did you go to school today?"

"... yeeeaaaaah."

"liar"

Let's just say I never lied to my dad again after that.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#6 no2pencil  Icon User is online

• Admiral Fancy Pants
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 01 November 2011 - 05:44 PM

View Postdorknexus, on 01 November 2011 - 06:35 PM, said:

I was a shithead, and I deserved it. EOF.

He's the dad. You think he should be punished for laying down the law?

This is why America is out of control. Kids can't drive, there is no respect, & no one has any money because no one works because all of our jobs have been sent out of the country.

The kids today don't work because we are raising them to be lazy, unpunished, special little snowflakes.

If dad said no, dad said no.
Was This Post Helpful? 3
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Addict
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 01 November 2011 - 06:18 PM

I can agree. Punishment is definitely needed and I can agree with a spanking (when I was really young, before I had long term memory, my parents said I started spanking people. after that my parents just started taking stuff away which worked). But still you have to admit this is a little out of control.

For the cause though, I think this is a little out of control. You don't have to use so much obscenities and have the mother and father gang up on a young girl and in a way, beat her up. If I caught my kid pirating a whole lot of stuff I might take their computer away after a fair warning but I wouldn't go ballistic because I've done it in the past too with something I've needed but couldn't afford (office or something after I bought a copy of windows I was broke).

Anyways I could probably go on for a while but I don't want to create a huge wall of text. tl;dr I can understand a little punishment but this is too far.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Whorediot
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 01 November 2011 - 06:26 PM

I would beat the shit out of my kid if I caught them doing something illegal, at least if they weren't behind a few proxies or something. : :whistling:

((wrong smilie))

This post has been edited by NeoTifa: 01 November 2011 - 06:27 PM

Was This Post Helpful? 2
  • +
  • -

• Monomania
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 01 November 2011 - 06:32 PM

I think parents shouldn't beat their kids in any given situation at all. Would you beat yourself? They are your flesh and blood. Or I guess it's just me and my love for kids.
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Addict
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 01 November 2011 - 06:46 PM

@NeoTifa You just reminded me of this mom: http://xkcd.com/341/ (not exactly but kind of) which made my day because that is one of my favorite comics.

This post has been edited by MATTtheSEAHAWK: 01 November 2011 - 06:46 PM

Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

#11 macosxnerd101  Icon User is online

• Self-Trained Economist
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 01 November 2011 - 06:57 PM

At least in Virginia, this is how domestic violence is defined:

Physical Abuse
Citation: Ann. Code § 63.2-100
‘Abused or neglected child’ means any child younger than age 18:
• Whose parents or other person responsible for his or her care creates or inflicts, threatens to create or inflict, or
allows to be created or inflicted, upon the child a physical or mental injury by other than accidental means, or
creates a substantial risk of death, disfigurement, or impairment of bodily or mental functions
• Who is with the parent or other responsible person either (1) during the manufacture or attempted manufacture of
a schedule I or II controlled substance, or (2) during the unlawful sale of such substance, where such manufacture,
attempted manufacture, or unlawful sale would constitute a felony violation
• Whose parents or other responsible person creates a substantial risk of physical or mental injury by knowingly
leaving the child alone in the same dwelling, including an apartment, with a person to whom the child is not
related by blood or marriage and who the parent or other responsible person knows has been convicted of an
offense against a minor for which registration is required as a violent sexual offender

While I personally feel the force used was excessive, using a belt on one's child is not considered excessive force from a legal perspective. Personally, I think the father should have taken his daughter down to the police station under the pretense of having her locked up. Have the cop speak to her about the legal consequences, then follow up with punishment at home.

Source: http://www.childwelf...Page=2&view=Fit
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

#12 BenignDesign  Icon User is online

• holy shitin shishkebobs
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 01 November 2011 - 06:59 PM

My mother smacked my ass when I needed it. I smack my kids asses when they need it. I didn't get it very often, and neither do my kids. After the first or second spanking, they develop a healthy fear that you're not bluffing when you tell them they'll have to get jobs to pay for the food they throw away or the electricity they waste.

This post has been edited by BenignDesign: 01 November 2011 - 06:59 PM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#13 no2pencil  Icon User is online

• Admiral Fancy Pants
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 01 November 2011 - 07:12 PM

Can I smack your moms ass when she needs it? She seems to have been left out of the story telling.
Was This Post Helpful? 4
  • +
  • -

#14 BenignDesign  Icon User is online

• holy shitin shishkebobs
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 01 November 2011 - 07:16 PM

haha... my momma wants to wash your mouth out with soap, you foul-mouthed little Facebook-er. :wub:
Was This Post Helpful? 2
  • +
  • -

#15 no2pencil  Icon User is online

• Admiral Fancy Pants
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 01 November 2011 - 07:25 PM

Challenge accepted.
Was This Post Helpful? 2
  • +