1 Replies - 1846 Views - Last Post: 02 November 2011 - 11:39 PM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

New guy question: Learning how to locate in Apple iOS Library?

Posted 02 November 2011 - 07:53 PM

I've been watching a lot of tutorials on youtube. You may be familiar with these tutorials. They are from Bucky's "the new boston" channel.

Any way I watched all the Obj C tutorials he had. Now I'm watching the iPhone Development tutorials. He at times states that you will need to locate methods that are in classes that are with in the iOS library.

Well that is where some questions come up!!

-How do you know what to look for if you don't know the name of it?

-How do you know if there is a class that has a method already written that I don't need to write myself? For that matter how do I know a class exist?

Is this something that comes to me as I program? Just curious because I don't take classes. I just started watching youtube tutorials, plan to read some books, etc...just trying to be self taught.

I have no previous programming experience (well I don't count the 2 months of Java and C# classes I never finished).

Thank you

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: New guy question: Learning how to locate in Apple iOS Library?

• D.I.C Head
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: New guy question: Learning how to locate in Apple iOS Library?

Posted 02 November 2011 - 11:39 PM

When you are using xcode you can select a class name and there is an area that has information about that class. If you are interested in what methods that class has, you can click on the class reference link to read up on the class.

The documentation also includes all sorts of different programming guides... from views and viewcontrollers to threading to strings.

I would imagine this is what the guy/gal is talking about in these videos.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1