3 Replies - 763 Views - Last Post: 05 November 2011 - 03:02 AM Rate Topic: -----

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Initializing DirectX

Posted 04 November 2011 - 11:51 PM

Hey there I am having problems initializing directX. It gives me a linker error.

The code is too huge to post here so download from here(Sorry if anyone's having problems)

Here are the errors:-
Dx11DemoBase.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _DXTraceW@20 referenced in function "public: bool __thiscall Dx11DemoBase::Initialize(struct HINSTANCE__ *,struct HWND__ *)" (?Initialize@Dx11DemoBase@@QAE_NPAUHINSTANCE__@@PAUHWND__@@@Z)
C:\Users\Arunabh\Documents\Visual Studio 2008\Projects\D3D11 Tut 1\Debug\D3D11 Tut 1.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 1 unresolved externals

According to the error code LNK2019:-

An undefined external symbol (symbol) was found in function. To resolve this error, provide a definition for symbol or remove the code that references it.

Problem is I dont know which function the symbol or what it is...

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Initializing DirectX

• フカユ
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Initializing DirectX

Posted 05 November 2011 - 02:31 AM

This a problem with DXUT not being linked properly. DXUT is kind of like a utility library for DirectX, it makes certain things like creating windows, outputting to console and other things a lot easier. I personally have never used it and never missed it, so one option is just to remove all references to it.

It seems from the error you posted that it is only being used to trace something after initialisation, try removing the DXTrace statement and see if it compiles or google how to correctly set up DXUT.

Hope that helps :)
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 05 November 2011 - 02:52 AM

Thanks staycrisp :tup: its working!!!
Also, I forgot to link d3dx11.lib lol :oops:
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• フカユ
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 05 November 2011 - 03:02 AM

No problem. You'll get used to setting up libraries etc. :)
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1