3 Replies - 3541 Views - Last Post: 10 November 2011 - 10:29 PM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

firefox 8 blanking out log in form

Posted 10 November 2011 - 09:33 PM

Hey all. I updated to firefox 8 tonight an when I went in to test a new site i've been working on, I found that firefox 8 blanks out the login form before you can submit. It's a simple form with some js validation nothing complicated. It still works in firefox 7, chrome, IE, and opera. Just wondering if anyone else has updated to ff8 and if you have, have you had the same problem. If so or you know how to fix it, I'd appreciate the help.

Just some side notes: I drop the js validation from the form to see what would happen and i get the same problem. I like ff but I gotta admit (after the last few major releases) if it weren't for the number of people that use it, I would stop developing for it.

The site is running locally (php through easy php) if that would make a difference.

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: firefox 8 blanking out log in form

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: firefox 8 blanking out log in form

Posted 10 November 2011 - 09:49 PM

Looks like one problem is header(LOCATION:webpage) is redirecting but for what ever reason firefox 8 is hanging onto the jquery code from index. haven't figured out why yet.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 10 November 2011 - 10:12 PM

Ok I'm not sure how yet but it's my fault. Seems that it just took the other browsers a minute to catch up. They're all doing it now.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 10 November 2011 - 10:29 PM

Problem solved. I had built the site in php. my main page was index.html which held the jQuery that called the website main page. (the page needs to update on random increments). To fix the issue i was having I rebuilt a php index that checked to see if session was set and redirected to the login if not before calling the jQuery. before I was calling the jQuery and letting the main page decide if the user was logged in or not. By doing so I was trapping the login page in the jQuery function and it was updating at random intervals. Thus clearing the form before it could be submitted.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1