3 Replies - 3934 Views - Last Post: 13 November 2011 - 02:58 PM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

c#, XNA, Board games?

Posted 13 November 2011 - 02:20 PM

Hey hows it going?
I have some experience with C#, XNA and am going to design a 2D board game. I've been stuck inside google this past few days trying to gather as much as possible but one thing I can't seem to find is any tutorials on board games. Could anyone possibly point me in the right direction? There seems to be alot of discussion and sample code regarding board games on this site in particular, which seems great. However an actual tutorial would be great.

Different tiles will have different results/scores. So would the best thing be to great a few tile classes for each one? Get an image for the board and map each tile result to its display. Any suggestions or could anyone point me in the right direction? Thanks in advance

John

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: c#, XNA, Board games?

• D.I.C Head
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: c#, XNA, Board games?

Posted 13 November 2011 - 02:51 PM

Here are some tutorials:

Microsoft (XNA)

The following tutorial is relatively simple and introduces you to Drap and Drop integration into your board games:
C-sharpcorner (C#)

Dream.in.code (question similar to yours with some sample code to look at)

Here is one last youtube tutorial that I will show you:
Youtube (C#, XNA)

Also, try searching youtube as well. That website probably has some videos on this topic.

Hope this helps
preb

Edit: Also, I am no expert at this topic, So the best I can provide you with is some links to some tutorials. Good luck in the board game :)

This post has been edited by preb: 13 November 2011 - 02:52 PM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 13 November 2011 - 02:57 PM

Different tiles will have different results/scores. So would the best thing be to great a few tile classes for each one? Get an image for the board and map each tile result to its display. Any suggestions or could anyone point me in the right direction? Thanks in advance

Actually, I guess I could help you with this.

I would suggest to make an interface for this. That way, you are providing a basis for which to have your tile clases and methods to be based on.

I don't have time to provide a fully-made example, but hopefully this will point you in the right direction.

Hope this helps.
preb

This post has been edited by preb: 13 November 2011 - 02:57 PM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Lover
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 13 November 2011 - 02:58 PM

So basically you are looking for a step by step tutorial on how to build a fully fledged board game? It sounds to me like you are putting yourself into the deep end without having the right experience.

Buy an C# book. Read it thoroughly. Then get an XNA book. Read it thoroughly. Then when you have actually learnt the language and the framework should you try and create an actual game. It's a much better way of learning. In the real world there are no tutorials on how to build an application from scratch. You have to actual learn the language and come up with a solution by yourself.

I don't mean to be harsh, but it will work out a lot better in the long run, rather than running through a tutorial here and there.
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1