is there any body out there...

Page 1 of 1

4 Replies - 1035 Views - Last Post: 11 July 2001 - 11:56 PM Rate Topic: -----

• Lucky.Code
  • member icon

• View blog

is this forum dead or is it me??

Posted 10 July 2001 - 11:50 PM

Hey guys sorry i've been in and out of dream in code for a while but i am going to have a couple days off coming up so i will try to get on more.

But i have noticed that people aren't doing much summer c++ programming. Or at least nothing too challenging because they aren't posting!

I do admit there are a couple of people that have posted and i did not answer which is unusual for me but that is because i just didn't have the time to do a little research.

But how is that new program going sloth? Are there any cool projects you guys and gals want to share with us? Is C++ still the best #### forum on this site or what? :cool:

I will tell you what i have been doing with programming. I have been learning the difference between c and c++ not too much difference but i found a couple of useful functions that i did not know existed. Also i learned a couple of basic window commands but i haven't had too much time for windows programming but again a couple of days off from work are coming. so basically i have been doing research but not too much programming. Just examples from book and stupid little things like that.

Well Come on guys start posting i want this forum to pick up again!!!!! after all i was the one who told skyhawk that us programmers need this forum.

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: is this forum dead or is it me??

• D.I.C Regular
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: is this forum dead or is it me??

Posted 11 July 2001 - 08:06 AM

I've noticed this too...but to keep up your skills:

http://acm.uva.es/problemset

This is a huge repository of programming problems with an online judge. I think you are required to register, but it's nothing big. They also keep track of what problems you've solved and such. The responses you'll get from the judge won't be terribly enlightening, so it's a good way to work on your debugging skills, too ;)

-Malkiri

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Head DIC Head
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 11 July 2001 - 08:58 AM

Well, honestly... the site is pretty busy... new feature (Chat) and new members abound.

We just need to get some more TECH THREADS going, still keep our taco, burrito war going, but we need to ask questions and post news and info we find... I'll start doing it more, everyone else should try to do it too.

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• serial frotteur - RUDEST MEMBER ON D.I.C.
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 11 July 2001 - 10:14 AM

its going kool, im actually just getting back into it, cause i just finished summer skool a week ago(P.E. figured id get it out of the way.) so ill update you soon. o i also figured i would add hanosh as a character, but make his stats all negative so when he trys to hit you it actually adds to your score.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Lucky.Code
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 11 July 2001 - 11:56 PM

wow that is a really great website i took a look at a couple of those problems and they are very challenging i would suggest that site to anybody. thanks malikri.

Good job sloth. When you get done email the program to me i am quite interested in how it turns out. As for me i am going to continue my researching and maybe ill come up with and idea for a program or mess around with that website malikri told us about.

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1