Page 1 of 1

7 Replies - 594 Views - Last Post: 21 November 2011 - 10:47 AM

• D.I.C Regular
  • member icon

• View blog

Tutorial Neglected

Posted 18 November 2011 - 11:28 PM

Good day,

I've been trying for a while to submit different types of tutorials. I've written a few and they've been disallowed because of the components and such used. For example, I wrote a tutorial on how to load your Xbox 360 Gamertag into your form, but this got disallowed because I used X360.dll which violates MS's rights and shizz. This is all understandable.

I wrote a perfectly acceptable tutorial the other day, using PHP and RegEx to highlight keywords in a document at the final stages of displaying the page, but I've heard nothing more? My tutorial hasn't been (dis)allowed nor have I received a message to let me know of any advancements or conclusion.

I hope this can be rectified, and someone can come to some sort of conclusion.

Thank you

~huzi

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Tutorial Neglected

• Hash != Encryption
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Tutorial Neglected

Posted 18 November 2011 - 11:44 PM

stuff takes awhile. They actually load them onto their own servers to make sure everything works and all. They do this unpaid too. Took me about a month each to get my tutorials approved (also in php).
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Regular
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 19 November 2011 - 05:11 AM

View Postcreativecoding, on 19 November 2011 - 06:44 AM, said:

stuff takes awhile. They actually load them onto their own servers to make sure everything works and all. They do this unpaid too. Took me about a month each to get my tutorials approved (also in php).

First of all, thank you for your reply.

Although I'd love to be able to accept this as a final answer, I find it hard. Whenever I've submit a tutorial before, it was always rejected with-in a few hours, now it's been days.

~huzi
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• >>──(Knee)──►
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 19 November 2011 - 06:06 AM

Any tutorials and code snippets that are submitted have to be manually approved. If your tutorial or snippet is accepted, you will see your Kudos increase by 50 or 25 respectively. Conversely, if your submission is declined you will receive a message that explains why it was declined. Unfortunately the approval process can take ages! :D
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Lover
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 19 November 2011 - 07:11 AM

I can assure you that nothing is being neglected. We will get to your tutorial as soon as we are able.

Like creativecoding and RetardedGenius say, we inspect all tutorials and snippets to make sure everything is in order, which takes time.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Lover
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 19 November 2011 - 08:38 AM

I think it would be useful if we got a PM or email when a snippet or tutorial actually gets approved. I never really take any notice of whether or not my kudos has gone up, so it would be good to know when a snippet/tutorial has been added.

Just an idea, I appreciate how long it takes to inspect every new addition.

Thanks
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

• The Ninjaducky
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 21 November 2011 - 08:23 AM

Just to elaborate more specifically...Tutorials and snippets in subjects like Java and C# get approved realtively quickly because more moderators are familiar with those languages. However, less mainstream languages and/or libraries may take considerably longer because we may have very few or even no people on the team that can accept them. At that point, we must take other measures, which takes time.

Thank you for waiting, and we will see what we can do to speed up the process.
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Regular
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 21 November 2011 - 10:47 AM

View PostDogstopper, on 21 November 2011 - 03:23 PM, said:

Just to elaborate more specifically...Tutorials and snippets in subjects like Java and C# get approved realtively quickly because more moderators are familiar with those languages. However, less mainstream languages and/or libraries may take considerably longer because we may have very few or even no people on the team that can accept them. At that point, we must take other measures, which takes time.

Thank you for waiting, and we will see what we can do to speed up the process.

Thanks Dogstopper. I trust it'll be dealt with in good time. I'm just eager to earn some badges, and I want the "Author" one :)

Thanks again

~huzi
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1