2 Replies - 3860 Views - Last Post: 04 April 2007 - 06:11 PM Rate Topic: -----

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

vb form won't stop refreshing graphics

Posted 27 March 2007 - 06:52 PM

Hi All,

I have a two seperate vb projects. Each is identical in the application. They both are designed for mapping applications and have various mapping tools, and a graphic area which displays maps. The tools and graphics area is used through ESRI modules. The problem is one form will completely redisplay everything, when another windows form is covering it and then is minimized or closed. This refreshing is a problem due to the amount of graphics the map has and the time to refresh the form.

The other project is the same, but this refreshing problem is not there. I can't find in the project where there is code which keeps this from happening (if any). I've searched all over in the properties for the vb forms and don't see any setting to keep this from happening.

Any suggestions.

Schmedly

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: vb form won't stop refreshing graphics

• Banned
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: vb form won't stop refreshing graphics

Posted 28 March 2007 - 12:28 PM

set the autovalidate value of the form to disable. It's an enumerated value, so it should be in the drop down for the property.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: vb form won't stop refreshing graphics

Posted 04 April 2007 - 06:11 PM

Tody4me, thanx for the suggestion.
However, it didn't help. Also, there was no such autovalidate in the form properties menu to set to disable.

I ended up rebuilding the whole project from scratch by copying the old code to the new project and the refreshing problem is gone. Again, it leads me to believe it is a settings property. I wish I knew what it was, so I don't make the same mistake again. Any other ideas are appreciated.

Thanx,
schmedly
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1