3 Replies - 1569 Views - Last Post: 27 November 2011 - 04:34 PM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Feedback required - new design to our website..

Posted 26 November 2011 - 02:52 PM

Hello guys,

We are going to change our company's website design and we would like to get a feedback - what can we change, what is good, and what must go..

Here is our new design for the main page (index):
http://www.codecaged...wdes/index.html

What we are trying to achieve:
* Modern look
* Fast website
* High usability
* User friendly

How we achieved it:
* Supports zoom in and zoom out (without stracture being ruined
* Pure javascript
* Small size - using sprites, merged css & javascript, mod_concat, gzipped, pure js, minified

Any comments and recommendations will be highly appreciated..

Thanks in advanced,
Din.

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Feedback required - new design to our website..

• Please show what you have already tried when asking a question.
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Feedback required - new design to our website..

Posted 26 November 2011 - 03:23 PM

To me it looks like it came off a template or one of those automated 'choose a theme' creation sites.

It would be nice to see it use all the available screen real estate. There is tons of wasted space on my monitor.
Spoiler

None of the top menus do anything: Not even to a 'page under construction'

The 3 product descriptions roll a bit fast to read.

The big blank white space at the right of the main area is odd. Looks like it was meant to be a menu but not implemented.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 26 November 2011 - 09:35 PM

We wanted the website to fit all screen resolutions, therefore the width is 750. we dont need wider site.

About the links, there's no need to redirect to 'page under construction' because we're not changing the design till everything is completed

About the product's description - the time between each paragraph is 7 seconds, if you over the product browser the interval reset until you out the animate. How many seconds do you suggest us to put?

The big blank white space at the right is for advertisement.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Pragmatism over Dogma
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 27 November 2011 - 04:34 PM

Remember one thing: If you're asking for a review all preconceived notions need to be up for grabs. The more you hold onto and the more you refuse to change, the less you will learn and improve. This includes buzzwords and anything else you'd be likely to hear from a business end.

Variable widths are entirely possible, I would not encourage a fixed width for anything other than a mobile site. Facebook does an excellent job of this. You're safe to add a lot of whitespace around the actual content, that if anything is already too close to the borders.

There's no real contrast between the background and the foreground, and with the amount of whitespace you get on larger monitors this is killer.

Your font size is extremely low. I'm in my 20's and I can barely read that, make sure to remember that most visitors don't have insane sight levels, and some require reading glasses very frequently. Standard size is at least 12 to 14, much less and it's next to impossible to read.

The number one thing to remember in design: nothing is sacred, nothing is absolute, and there is no such thing as a final release.
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1