Flash Header link to .cfm pages?

I don't know where to go from here

Page 1 of 1

5 Replies - 2183 Views - Last Post: 31 March 2007 - 02:20 PM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Flash Header link to .cfm pages?

Posted 28 March 2007 - 10:11 PM

I have a template That I bought to try an save time with a flash animation header and I suppose it opens pages using iframes. My problem is I am using Cartweaver (coldfusion) shopping cart software that sends a variable in the url to open details pages, view cart , checkout pages etc. It's been a nightmare to try and get these pages to display correctly. When I attempt to open one of these pages It begins to open then half-second later goes to the home page. Does anyone have any suggestions. Or should I just scrap the whole thing and start from scratch?
Thank You,
Chipshot

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Flash Header link to .cfm pages?

• still.dreaming
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Flash Header link to .cfm pages?

Posted 30 March 2007 - 06:21 AM

It's a little difficult to specifically help you if we don't see any code or have a basic idea of what's going on in the back-end.

Is the whole site Flash or just the header? If just the header then how does it affect the rest of the page? Does it have specific menu items for searching/delivering data? Or is it all done by html/cf?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 30 March 2007 - 09:01 AM

Just the header is in flash (I don't know much about how it works) it appears to me that it calls the content of the page below but calling an iframe. The template came to me as follows: iframe_1.html; iframe_2.html etc...
And I edited those pages to suit my needs. The ActionScript in the flash header (buttons) goes:
on (rollOver) {
	if (_root.link<>1) {
		this.gotoAndPlay("s1");
	}
}
on (releaseOutside, rollOut) {
	if (_root.link<>1) {
		this.gotoAndPlay("s2");
	}
}
on (release) {
	if (_root.link<>1) {
		_root["item"+_root.link].gotoAndPlay("s2");
		_root.link = 1;
	} getURL("iframe_1.html", "cont");
	_root.button = 1;
}

and the url never changes from index.html from page to page.
how can I add dynamic pages that need to pass variables, to my shopping cart pages (that don't link directly from the header, just from the content portion of the pages) and back again and without loading the flash movie once again?
Thank You,
John Andon
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• still.dreaming
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 30 March 2007 - 01:33 PM

Is that the only action script in the header?
What items are in the header menu?

From the code that you've posted, apart from _root.link, I don't see anything that might have anything to do with ColdFusion.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 31 March 2007 - 11:41 AM

That's action script for just one button in the flash header, there are 6 in all. I tried to attach the file but this forum does'nt allow those type of ext.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 31 March 2007 - 02:20 PM

you can check out what's happening with what I mean at My Webpage please take into accout that I don't have the coldfusion server installed just yet. If you chick the buttons in the header you'll notice that they work just fine. But click Pro-shop then choose a product then try and click back it will only go to the home page. (What i did was create an html header without the flash to see if that would fix the problem but that did'nt work...
Thank You'
John
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1