3 Replies - 1107 Views - Last Post: 27 November 2011 - 06:50 PM Rate Topic: -----

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

full application tutorials

Posted 27 November 2011 - 06:37 PM

Hi guys,

first of all let me just say that this site is great! its gotta wealth of resources and i can't believe i only came across it now.

I've been reading head first java which i think is a great intro to java but now i'm at the point where i'd like to work on an application from start to finish. I can't seem to find examples/tutorials on where a full system is coded from start to finish.

i'm not looking for something complicated. i wonder if any of you have a tutorial for an atm machine, movie library, book library hell i'll even take a pet shop! my knowledge of how objects interact with each other is pretty poor and i think a working application would be a good way to learn.

here's an example i found which is great but a little beyond me at this stage (i haven't gotten to the GUI part yet)
http://www.dreaminco...ad-application/

The tutorial section does have some good stuff but they are mostly with GUIs :/

finally, thanks for any advice or tutorials provided.

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: full application tutorials

#2 macosxnerd101  Icon User is online

• Self-Trained Economist
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: full application tutorials

Posted 27 November 2011 - 06:38 PM

I have a tutorial Moving Away From Parallel Arrays that hits hard on OOP with an inventory program. I think you'll find it helpful. :)
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Knows all, except most.

• View blog

Posted 27 November 2011 - 06:42 PM

I find java applications are as commonly found as in other languages such as C/C++ or .net applications. Leading me to my suggestion that you search for a basic application, notepad/calculator etc. In another language and try to program it in java. There are also many questions here that people have trouble with, maybe you could solve them and get them to work?

I'll have a look at that mac =)

This post has been edited by Mylo: 27 November 2011 - 06:44 PM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Critical Section
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 27 November 2011 - 06:50 PM

And I see that you need to be comfortable with things, so we have tutorials order of going which you may find where to continue: So Get your Java up and choose what to study, then try things by your own design. Choose what you want to try and give it a go.
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1