5 Replies - 2410 Views - Last Post: 05 January 2012 - 02:53 PM

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Best IDE for ASM?

Posted 29 November 2011 - 02:49 PM

Does anyone have a good recommendation for an IDE for Assembly language? Simple question and I've Google'd this many times but haven't found really any suitable results. I'm using a PC if that helps at all. Thanks!
Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Best IDE for ASM?

• "Hurry up and wait"
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Best IDE for ASM?

Posted 29 November 2011 - 04:05 PM

If you googled, and found nothing you like, what can I do? Not at a computer, so I don't have links, but do a search for Radasm... Great ide that I use. Then there is Winasm, search for it, you will have to register on the forum there to download it. Then there is the trusty one that has been around forever... Notepad. You could also use VS. I just googled and found exactly what I posted... Interesting.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 29 November 2011 - 04:30 PM

View PostGunnerInc, on 29 November 2011 - 04:05 PM, said:

If you googled, and found nothing you like, what can I do? Not at a computer, so I don't have links, but do a search for Radasm... Great ide that I use. Then there is Winasm, search for it, you will have to register on the forum there to download it. Then there is the trusty one that has been around forever... Notepad. You could also use VS. I just googled and found exactly what I posted... Interesting.

Thanks for the reply. And I said I Google'd this and did not find any suitable results. I've tried each of those except I must have missed RadASM. Going to check it out now. Also, maybe I should have worded the question differently, but I was looking for preferences from other coders and to hear their opinions on different IDE's.

Actually I just realized I even asked for "recommendations." And why on earth would I waste time to log in, type up a message on the forums, and wait a while when I could just Google it and get the answer immediately?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 04 January 2012 - 02:24 PM

Many years ago I remember using Visual Studio 6 (or a more recent version should be usable too, but I don't know), by using "customized build steps" or some similar feature, and you can do source level debugging. I don't remember finding another setup where you could do source level debugging.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 05 January 2012 - 01:41 PM

I suggest you WinAsm.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• spelling expret
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 05 January 2012 - 02:53 PM

I don't actually use an IDE, instead I use a combo of notepad++, nasm, and OllyDbg plus some batch files to automate the process(I usually write compile, compile/run and compile/debug batch files). my only complaint is that I have to keep 2-3 windows open at a time.

protip: you can keep OllyDbg running and have it reload the executable when you need to debug something.

This post has been edited by ishkabible: 05 January 2012 - 02:54 PM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1