0 Replies - 1206 Views - Last Post: 29 November 2011 - 04:55 PM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Cross Platform Website/App Development

Posted 29 November 2011 - 04:55 PM

Hello,

So, sorry for posting yet another topic for cross platform development, but I want to start learning mobile and I feel like I need some guidance...

First of all, I'd like to mention that I want to build, essentially, a mobile website suitable for most devices, but I'd also like to package it as an app. This is mainly because some of the people using it aren't exactly the address-remembering or the bookmarking kind and they want to just have a nice icon on their apple-y screen for example.

I would like to develop an app that would serve information in categories with cart capabilities for certain items. From a technical standpoint, I guess it would be similar to an e-commerce system but with a third of the functionality.

I want to drive it with Wordpress (please tell me if you think this is a bad idea!) because I know it inside-out and it will be perfect for the PC audience. I'm thinking I can make a theme that mobile users are sent to and just make the actual app-store apps talk to that.

So now I'm trying to decide how to go about doing this. Obviously the most sensible way would be for me to use HTML5, etc. but I am interested in your opinion on what framework or something I should use. You know, I want to make sure it plays nice with different manufactures as well as screen sizes, etc. I've researched things like Titanium, Flex, Unity, etc. I quite like Sencha. Do you think I could make a Wordpress theme based on that and then package for iOS and Android with PhoneGap?

I've never done anything like this before, so any advice would help. Thank you!

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Page 1 of 1