Using JUpload Applet with CF

I am trying to be able to upload multiple files at one time.

Page 1 of 1

1 Replies - 4828 Views - Last Post: 22 June 2007 - 08:52 AM Rate Topic: -----

• D.I.C Regular
  • member icon

• View blog

Using JUpload Applet with CF

Posted 30 March 2007 - 02:15 PM

Hi everybody. I am trying to use the JUpoad applet available at Sourceforge.net to add the ability to upload muliple files at one time to a Windows XP and a MS Server 2003 Machine hosting a Coldfusion website.

The reason for the choice was that it is the only widgit out there that claims to be able to do the job accross https. Well, here is the senario. I was able to verify the tool works by writing a Servlet to recieve the files based on the JSP example provided with the Applet, and putting all the software on my Linux SuSE 10.2 Machine hosting a Tomcat 5.5 server. All went well and It was able to upload files and place them in the /tmp/ directory without a hitch.

I then went to work on placing the Applet and Servlet in the Coldfusion/MS XP Server. So the Servlet is in the classes directory which uses the lib directory to access it's extra classes. And the Applet is in the same directory as the CFM page that has it embeded into it. The CF Administrator handles the Applet call and all the parameters that are used to call it.

So here is the problem. The Applet actualy works and claims that the files have successfuly uploaded, on the Coldfusion/MS XP box, but the uploaded files never exist on the the server.

Both servers give the same warning, twice on an upload of 3 files:
"-WARNING- The http upload is technically Ok, but the success string was not found. Suspicion is that upload was Ok...let's go on"

The ColdFusion implementation gives an additional warning when the Applet is loaded:
"WARNING- JSException (class netscape.javascript.JSException: null) in DefaultUploadPolicy, trying default values."

I have set up Sandboxes using the Coldfusion Administrator and attempted to point the files there, using the Servlet directory string. "C:\\CFusionMX7\\wwwroot\\sga\\files\\temp\\" I have also tryed it using "C:\temp"

Here is a group of entries in the "C:\ColdfusionMX7\runtime\logs\coldfusion-err.log" related to the problem:

03/28 14:35:02 error Requested resource '/sga/phase1_themes/DefaultUploadPolicy.class' (%2fsga%2fphase1_themes%2fDefaultUploadPolicy.class) not found
03/30 15:54:41 error Requested resource '/sga/phase1_themes/DefaultUploadPolicy.class' (%2fsga%2fphase1_themes%2fDefaultUploadPolicy.class) not found
03/30 15:54:42 error Requested resource '/sga/phase1_themes/wjhk/jupload2/lang/lang.class' (%2fsga%2fphase1_themes%2fwjhk%2fjupload2%2flang%2flang.class) not found
03/30 15:54:42 error Requested resource '/sga/phase1_themes/wjhk/jupload2/lang/lang_en.class' (%2fsga%2fphase1_themes%2fwjhk%2fjupload2%2flang%2flang_en.class) not found
03/30 15:54:42 error Requested resource '/sga/phase1_themes/wjhk/jupload2/lang/lang_en_US.class' (%2fsga%2fphase1_themes%2fwjhk%2fjupload2%2flang%2flang_en_US.class) not found
03/30 15:54:42 error Requested resource '/sga/phase1_themes/wjhk/jupload2/lang/lang_en_US.properties' (%2fsga%2fphase1_themes%2fwjhk%2fjupload2%2flang%2flang_en_US.properties) not found

I would greatly appriciate any suggestions or direction anybody might have :blink:

This post has been edited by ajwsurfer: 03 April 2007 - 06:43 AM

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Using JUpload Applet with CF

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: Using JUpload Applet with CF

Posted 22 June 2007 - 08:52 AM

I would look into this:

Cf multi-upload

Seems to be a pretty slick way of doing it.

View Postajwsurfer, on 30 Mar, 2007 - 02:15 PM, said:

Hi everybody. I am trying to use the JUpoad applet available at Sourceforge.net to add the ability to upload muliple files at one time to a Windows XP and a MS Server 2003 Machine hosting a Coldfusion website.

The reason for the choice was that it is the only widgit out there that claims to be able to do the job accross https. Well, here is the senario. I was able to verify the tool works by writing a Servlet to recieve the files based on the JSP example provided with the Applet, and putting all the software on my Linux SuSE 10.2 Machine hosting a Tomcat 5.5 server. All went well and It was able to upload files and place them in the /tmp/ directory without a hitch.

I then went to work on placing the Applet and Servlet in the Coldfusion/MS XP Server. So the Servlet is in the classes directory which uses the lib directory to access it's extra classes. And the Applet is in the same directory as the CFM page that has it embeded into it. The CF Administrator handles the Applet call and all the parameters that are used to call it.

So here is the problem. The Applet actualy works and claims that the files have successfuly uploaded, on the Coldfusion/MS XP box, but the uploaded files never exist on the the server.

Both servers give the same warning, twice on an upload of 3 files:
"-WARNING- The http upload is technically Ok, but the success string was not found. Suspicion is that upload was Ok...let's go on"

The ColdFusion implementation gives an additional warning when the Applet is loaded:
"WARNING- JSException (class netscape.javascript.JSException: null) in DefaultUploadPolicy, trying default values."

I have set up Sandboxes using the Coldfusion Administrator and attempted to point the files there, using the Servlet directory string. "C:\\CFusionMX7\\wwwroot\\sga\\files\\temp\\" I have also tryed it using "C:\temp"

Here is a group of entries in the "C:\ColdfusionMX7\runtime\logs\coldfusion-err.log" related to the problem:

03/28 14:35:02 error Requested resource '/sga/phase1_themes/DefaultUploadPolicy.class' (%2fsga%2fphase1_themes%2fDefaultUploadPolicy.class) not found
03/30 15:54:41 error Requested resource '/sga/phase1_themes/DefaultUploadPolicy.class' (%2fsga%2fphase1_themes%2fDefaultUploadPolicy.class) not found
03/30 15:54:42 error Requested resource '/sga/phase1_themes/wjhk/jupload2/lang/lang.class' (%2fsga%2fphase1_themes%2fwjhk%2fjupload2%2flang%2flang.class) not found
03/30 15:54:42 error Requested resource '/sga/phase1_themes/wjhk/jupload2/lang/lang_en.class' (%2fsga%2fphase1_themes%2fwjhk%2fjupload2%2flang%2flang_en.class) not found
03/30 15:54:42 error Requested resource '/sga/phase1_themes/wjhk/jupload2/lang/lang_en_US.class' (%2fsga%2fphase1_themes%2fwjhk%2fjupload2%2flang%2flang_en_US.class) not found
03/30 15:54:42 error Requested resource '/sga/phase1_themes/wjhk/jupload2/lang/lang_en_US.properties' (%2fsga%2fphase1_themes%2fwjhk%2fjupload2%2flang%2flang_en_US.properties) not found

I would greatly appriciate any suggestions or direction anybody might have :blink:

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1