Help

How to design new windows

Page 1 of 1

2 Replies - 1110 Views - Last Post: 23 April 2007 - 09:09 AM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Help

Post icon  Posted 31 March 2007 - 06:06 AM

Tell me the languages used to design the New windows. and other information about that!!!!!!!!!..............
Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Help

• g+ + -o drink whiskey.cpp
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Help

Posted 31 March 2007 - 08:25 AM

Could you provide a little elaboration about what you mean by 'new windows'? It would allow us to better target our responses. Taking a stab in the dark and assuming that you are referring to Windows Vista, I can tell you that certain components have been designed using the .NET framework with C#, but the majority of the functionality is still built with a c/c++ back end.

If you are referring to windows applications as a whole, there are any number of languages you could use, the most common being c/c++, java, c#, VB, and VB.NET.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Regular
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Help

Posted 23 April 2007 - 09:09 AM

If you want to build quick and dirty windows applications, Borland Builder C++ or Delphi is the best (in my opinion) but it costs money. You may be able to get a $900 dollar discount on these $1,000 products at your school book store. QT is claiming that it is fully compatable with windows now. You can get this product here: http://www.linux-mag.com/id/3046/. And there is also Microsoft Visual Studio .Net, which you probably also get with huge discount at your school bookstore. I think that QT and .Net are a little more complex than the Borland Products. I also think that .Net skills will be much more marketable, when you are looking for a job.

This post has been edited by ajwsurfer: 23 April 2007 - 09:10 AM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1