2 Replies - 462 Views - Last Post: 12 December 2011 - 07:31 AM

• if (Leif.IsAwake) { Leif.Sleep(1/0f); }
  • member icon

• View blog

TESTERS WANTED!

Posted 06 December 2011 - 03:59 AM

NOW THAT I HAVE YOUR ATTENTION :D

I'm currently part of a joint venture with a few pals to create a Windows Phone 7 "Mango" game. We need a good sized amount of people who would be willing to test it on REAL phones, not emulators, so we can get some good feedback in good time so we can push out a decent product.

The game is basically an extreme-on-steroids-hardcore-super-uber-mega-awesome version of paper toss... with missiles, darts, pebbles, rocks, balls of fire and ice... pretty much anything we reckon we can throw at a persons head while keeping it PG (Actually, PEGI 3, but you know... we need room). Yep, people's heads. Not bins. We're taking giant photos' of various places filled with people.. it's awesome, just wait and see. It won't all be there when we start rolling it out, it will be incremental based on feedback.

There's no limits, you can be any age, and live anywhere; all we need is for you to be committed to send an email to a to-be-determined address whenever you find something wrong - just explaining the problem and, if you can, how we can replicate it. Simples really.

If you're interested, drop me a line at leaffylebrindille at live dot co dot uk with your DiC username, your actual first name (this is for the sake of being personal, we don't mass mail-out unless we have to, and we always like to communicate on a one-to-one basis for bug reports), an email address we can contact you on, the make and model of your Windows Phone, and your age. We'll whack you in our database and let you know when we're ready to rock.

We're hoping for an early January beta release, obviously this is tied to our development schedule, so we'll keep you informed.

You'll be shaping the game as it is now, and helping us bring it to other platforms too!... Okay, we lie, only iOS, Android will be based on sales figures.

If you could, before you email me drop a comment below, so I can keep a tab on here.

Keep Dreaming in Code.
Oh, and stay awesome.

That guy they call Leif. :D

[Edit] Forgot to mention, testers will get a free full-version unlock code on release, just as a small thankshuu.

[Edit2] If you're interested in getting on board, we could use someone who knows the iOS platform back to front to help us port our graphics engine. Payment would be roughly 25% of sales revenue, but we're looking at a 69p to £1.99 price point (plus DLC sales, obviously).

[Edit3] Okay, some emulator users will be okay, but we'd have the issue of no empirical basis for change. Other than a VM of all things saying it's broked.

This post has been edited by pryogene: 06 December 2011 - 05:02 AM

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: TESTERS WANTED!

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: TESTERS WANTED!

Posted 09 December 2011 - 12:17 AM

Sign me up as a tester. Also, I might be interested in doing some mobile development even though I haven't really ever done before.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• if (Leif.IsAwake) { Leif.Sleep(1/0f); }
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: TESTERS WANTED!

Posted 12 December 2011 - 07:31 AM

If you're interested, drop me a line at leaffylebrindille at live dot co dot uk with your DiC username, your actual first name (this is for the sake of being personal, we don't mass mail-out unless we have to, and we always like to communicate on a one-to-one basis for bug reports), an email address we can contact you on, the make and model of your Windows Phone, and your age. We'll whack you in our database and let you know when we're ready to rock.

If you could do that, that'd be awesome, thanks :D

(You're our first, we love you!)

[Edit]... that sounded worse than it is ...
[Edit2]We ideally need people with a solid knowledge of the iOS development libraries, especially the graphical ones (goes without saying)

This post has been edited by pryogene: 12 December 2011 - 07:42 AM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1