2 Replies - 7956 Views - Last Post: 07 December 2011 - 12:13 PM Rate Topic: -----

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Fiddler Core and C#

Posted 07 December 2011 - 11:57 AM

I've been trying to capture at run-time extra HTTP calls a web-page makes. To do this manually, using Firebug or Chrome's debugger you simply inspect element and look at the network activity.

In trying to capture this outside of the browser I stumbled upon Fiddler. Fiddler is an external debugger a la Firebug or Chrome yet not tied down as an add-in. Moreover, Fiddler has a .NET extension called Fiddler core.

http://www.fiddler2.com/fiddler/Core/

There is pretty light documentation on Fiddler Core, additionally--I've found very few examples. Yet if anyone could shed some light on what to do. I don't even know where to begin with the library. The sample project included with the lib does not seem to work right. And again, the documentation is pretty light.

If anyone has some familiarity with fiddler and using it with C# I would really like to know how I would be able to create a logging session and then access those requests/responses made during said session. I'm making an API call that in turn will make a call to another service and get a response with a session ID that I'm looking to capture at run time.

Or!!!! If anyone has a more native C# solution, that would also be epic. There may be a better alternative than Fiddler I simply don't know about.

I wish I could provide some sample code. But what I've tried would provide little perspective on the issue that I'm simply straight up lost in how to implement this.

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Fiddler Core and C#

• (╯□)╯︵ (~ .o.)~
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Fiddler Core and C#

Posted 07 December 2011 - 12:06 PM

Well, to make the demo app compile, I had to remove the reference to FiddlerCore.dll and add it again. Then the sample compiled. That might help you.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: Fiddler Core and C#

Posted 07 December 2011 - 12:13 PM

Ay, that got it to run. I definitely get the gist of what's going on here.

Starting a session -> Logging HTTP activity in that session -> Exiting session. Capturing request and response headers in the logs is what I ultimately want to do, but one step at a time.

Currently the app is throwing the following error (while running, not in error console)

** LogString: [Fiddler] Failed to read HTTP request from (chrome:3900) new clie
t socket, port 19675.

This post has been edited by Wuzseen: 07 December 2011 - 12:13 PM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1