4 Replies - 517 Views - Last Post: 11 December 2011 - 10:52 AM Rate Topic: -----

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

default vs 2010 libraries

Posted 11 December 2011 - 09:50 AM

since i have been trying a lot of sdks lately, i have huge include and lib folders which i want to cleanup. could somebody give me a list of the default libraries, that are included with vs 2010 express, c++ edition? i really don't want to reinstall it...
Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: default vs 2010 libraries

• D.I.C Lover
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: default vs 2010 libraries

Posted 11 December 2011 - 10:37 AM

Why would you have to worry about the default installed libraries?

The libraries are available in the VS install folder, under include and lib directories, and under the Microsoft SDK directory.

You should not have put anything additional in these directories, right?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 11 December 2011 - 10:39 AM

View PostOler1s, on 11 December 2011 - 10:37 AM, said:

Why would you have to worry about the default installed libraries?

The libraries are available in the VS install folder, under include and lib directories, and under the Microsoft SDK directory.

You should not have put anything additional in these directories, right?

i've been looking for a way to put libraries for use as "default" with every project i create. nevertheless some of the sites do recommend doing so. but now when i chose the engine that i want to use, i want to get all that i don't need cleaned up...
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Lover
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 11 December 2011 - 10:47 AM

i've been looking for a way to put libraries for use as "default" with every project i create.
The best strategy for doing this is to create a new property sheet, actually two, one for debug and release. And store all library information there, so the paths, actual libraries to link, any defines needed, etc.

Just keep this property sheet in some single location, and include this property sheet in any new project.

You can get to the property manager by going to view - > other windows -> property manager. If you type in Google "MSDN" + "Property Sheet" or manager, you'll get to appropriate references. Make sure you look at the 2010 version in MSDN, because this behavior changed from previous versions.

nevertheless some of the sites do recommend doing so
Which is unacceptably bad advice.

but now when i chose the engine that i want to use, i want to get all that i don't need cleaned up...
A reinstall may be the best "clean" option. Alternatively, if you remember the various libraries you used, you can use that as a comparison.
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 11 December 2011 - 10:52 AM

View PostOler1s, on 11 December 2011 - 10:47 AM, said:

i've been looking for a way to put libraries for use as "default" with every project i create.
The best strategy for doing this is to create a new property sheet, actually two, one for debug and release. And store all library information there, so the paths, actual libraries to link, any defines needed, etc.

Just keep this property sheet in some single location, and include this property sheet in any new project.

You can get to the property manager by going to view - > other windows -> property manager. If you type in Google "MSDN" + "Property Sheet" or manager, you'll get to appropriate references. Make sure you look at the 2010 version in MSDN, because this behavior changed from previous versions.

nevertheless some of the sites do recommend doing so
Which is unacceptably bad advice.

but now when i chose the engine that i want to use, i want to get all that i don't need cleaned up...
A reinstall may be the best "clean" option. Alternatively, if you remember the various libraries you used, you can use that as a comparison.

thanks for your help once again. having in mind the amount of libraries i've tried (most of them lacks a lot of features), i think the faster solution would be a complete reinstallation.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1