console or PC?

• (4 Pages)
  • +

49 Replies - 4131 Views - Last Post: 14 October 2001 - 07:18 PM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: A new battle has erupted!

Posted 02 August 2001 - 09:26 PM

I have to agree with the 64" w/dolby surround. I myself have a dreamcast hooked up to a 36" TV with a hella digital surroudn sound with 2 15" cerwin vega powered subs and bose surround. Im pushin about 1,500 watts (500 on each powered sub and a 500 watt pioneer receiver). Im talkin, you pull the trigger on that shotgun on quake 3 with any volume at all..and the neighbors sure as #### know about it. :)
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• serial frotteur - RUDEST MEMBER ON D.I.C.
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 02 August 2001 - 09:29 PM

that would kick ass man. you ever had the cops called over cause they thougt someone was shooting?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 18 August 2001 - 10:25 PM

WOW i dont belive this thread is still here! geeze, long time  But anyway i have to say i have changed a lot in the last 3 months, i have to say consoles are getting better. there are some kick a** games for consoles! But, i have not completly fallen for them, theres nothing better then PC games. oooo the glory of pc games..... :)
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• w3c fanatic

• View blog

Posted 18 August 2001 - 11:19 PM

Well, I'd have to go with console gaming.  I mean, I agree with the surround sound.  I've played Perfect Dark at my friend's house. He's got huge Harmon Karden Speakers, 2 infront, 2 on the sides, and 2 in the back.  It IS awesome! But I'm most excited about XBOX because it's going to have some awesome 1st and 3rd party games.  Also they're gonna have half-life AND Unreal Tournament!  Plus Halo and a kick-ass racing game.  Plus a cool Flight Sim.  Man it's a console and a pc with the surround sound and 64" screen!  Now, I'm an avid gamer which is why I'm starting on my current project, Gaming Boards.  I'm planning an online community with 45+ forums!!!!  I'm getting five of my friends to help.  I'll be runnin' the N64 and XBOX section.  My PC gaming friend and 2 of his friends (all three eat, sleep, and breath half-life, Diablo II, Starcraft, the sims etc.)  And each of those games has it's own separate forum.  It'll be cool.  But since I run the console section, CONSOLES RULE!!!  XBOX WILL DOMINATE!!! HA HA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!

You though I was done, didn't you! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Regular

• View blog

Posted 26 August 2001 - 03:43 PM

I'm with EnKRYpTeD. I can't believe I missed this thread before. For Gods sake people, until Consoles can do online play reliably, how can you possibly think that sitting there beating up on a hapless computer opponnent that's just going through subroutine after boring subroutine that it's been programmed to do is more fun that playing against REAL LIFE HUMAN OPPONENTS who can actually fight back?!

You want to compare Tenchu or Mortal Combat to Quake2 or Quake3?! Gimmie a break! I can sit there and memorize button presses for the "Super Duper Delux Ultimate ULTIMATOR" combo all day, but what I can't do is predict when my HUMAN opponent on a PC is going to rocketjump straight up, and split my skull with a chainsaw before hitting the ground again. PC games forever blokes.

On top of that, the platform won't vanish out from under your nose, leaving you with malfunctioning unreplaceable units and tons of games (can we say wasted money?) that you can't use and end up pawning for 2 bucks a peice when you paid 60+ for it 6 months before. Do I hear the "Sega" theme song playing in the background?.... Oh, look! There's some tumbleweed!

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Regular

• View blog

Posted 26 August 2001 - 07:30 PM

*bump*
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 26 August 2001 - 08:39 PM

I'm not the most well known game player. (Don't play much). But there is one thing that I know about them, hardware. You may think that your computer is great and that you can upgrade it quite a bit and this is true. But do you realize that consoles are now using 128 bit processors and pc's are still trying to lalunch 64 bit processors.
What does this mean? It means that the console can play games at faster speeds because rendering and processing of game instructions is Billions of times faster than what your computer can do.
So to me it makes sence that the console will play the games much better than the PC for anyone really into the gaming seen.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• 私もクールです

• View blog

Posted 04 September 2001 - 08:56 AM

i'm thinking in the future most consoles will either become another add-on to the pc or most games will be run of the internet or it's variants. the internet already is supporting vast multiplayer games like everquest and so on and so forth, but the pc blows away the console on resolution cause the tv screen blows (expletive). the monitor is so advanced it's not even funny.i'm seeing games coming off the internet more and more, just because of the avaliability, anyone with a good computer,phone line(or wireless)and an internet account and that person is on their way to becoming a gaming legend(or not).
computer systems can become ten times more powerful than the consoles, if someone messed with the system a little bit
if it's up to me the pc rules all and the console licks the mud off the pc's shoes.:biggrin:
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Lover

• View blog

Posted 04 September 2001 - 09:04 AM

Quote: from blutrane on 9:56 am on Sep. 4, 2001

if it's up to me the pc rules all and the console licks the mud off the pc's shoes.:biggrin:

dude, where did that cheesy saying come from?

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• 私もクールです

• View blog

Posted 04 September 2001 - 09:06 AM

inside joke involving the "classes" at the high school
the pc eats the console for breakfast
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Lover

• View blog

Posted 04 September 2001 - 09:07 AM

ahh, an inside joke, got it :)
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• 私もクールです

• View blog

Posted 04 September 2001 - 09:09 AM

miaka says hi. but if you were here you would understand all the inside jokes that myself and others post
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Lover

• View blog

Posted 04 September 2001 - 09:11 AM

here being at school in hanosh's class, tell miaka i say hi back, and sloth for that matter :)
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• serial frotteur - RUDEST MEMBER ON D.I.C.
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 04 September 2001 - 09:14 AM

well, ill respond more on the game thing when i get home, my point on consoles versus pc, but for my thinking on the different consoles go here http://www.superslot....com/games.html

(Edited by supersloth at 10:27 am on Sep. 4, 2001)

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• 私もクールです

• View blog

Posted 04 September 2001 - 09:14 AM

*miaka speaking*sorry... I should remember to call you one of these days... I have your number but I just don't remember to call you.. Anyway, better get back to work! */miaka speaking*

this is towards nighthawk

(Edited by blutrane at 10:15 am on Sep. 4, 2001)

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• (4 Pages)
  • +