• (2 Pages)
  • +

15 Replies - 969 Views - Last Post: 13 December 2011 - 02:24 PM

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: Ideas to automate my home

Posted 13 December 2011 - 02:24 PM

View PosttlhIn`toq, on 13 December 2011 - 01:05 PM, said:

Long before you worry about face recognition you need to work on the basics. Like how to make two programs communicate? How to activate a switch or motor.

Input interface are the last thing to worry about.

For now just worry about how to affect real world things.
Like if you press a button on a form you can make a light turn off and on.

Absolutely I dont need the "how do I" just if you knew anything like api for face recognition = less work. The reason I wanted to try the face-recognition thingy before actually deciding a structure of the whole system are twofold.
1. I have the tools(webcam, computer).
2. If something works it improves the motivation.
You are correct, I shoud plan everything(as much as possible) before actually diving into code, I just find it fun to have something to do(besides just planning) while I wait for a FEZ Panda II or something similiar. I do understand the HUGE size this project can potentially be and that bad planning = automatic fail. face.com is for just sendin the picture and depending of result it gives you the name of that person, simple :D. Simultaniously I continue my research for what is possible and what's not.

Don't think programming experience will be any major problem, done some assembler, c++, java, c#, javascript and python(my failed Erlang attempt does not count).

Edit: I am currenlty looking into the compatability of Panda II and arduino shields to see which one to go for. It would be benefitial to use Panda since my knowledge of .NET compared to the Arduino language :D. Thought it might be useful to buy an arduino or Panda II just to learn the ropes of what is possible? What do you think?

This post has been edited by Todilo: 13 December 2011 - 02:48 PM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• (2 Pages)
  • +