2 Replies - 6357 Views - Last Post: 30 March 2012 - 07:26 PM

• Cheese and Sprinkles
  • member icon

• View blog

Looking for reliable U.S. web host that will convert videos

Posted 13 December 2011 - 11:19 AM

Hello all,

I am looking to find some input as to what you all think is the best host for my needs:

I will be launching a site in July that will written primarily in PHP and Javascript that will allow users to upload videos of any type and they will need to be converted to one format (.flv). Kind of like youtube.com only music based.

My client wants the host to be based in the United States.

So, My main question is:

What is the best host (in your opinion) for us to use that will have FFmpeg availability and allow streaming of .flv files.

I found a few AptHost.com being the one that stands out the most. Any opinions?

Thank you for your time.

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Looking for reliable U.S. web host that will convert videos

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Re: Looking for reliable U.S. web host that will convert videos

Posted 29 March 2012 - 11:32 PM

This post looks a bit dated... But there are no replies so I will. :)

After looking into it, hostgator.com allows ffmpeg on their dedicated servers. They are a Texas based hosting company with their dedicated servers running anywhere from around $180-$350 a month. As I have never rented a dedicated server from Host Gator, I can't tell you exactly how the experience will be, but after renting both a shared and reseller account from them, I couldn't have been happier. Never noticed slow downs, very quick response on their support, all around very professional.

You may also look into bluehost.com, not sure if they allow ffmpeg but I had a few lovely experiences with them as well.

Hope this isn't too late. :)
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Cheese and Sprinkles
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Looking for reliable U.S. web host that will convert videos

Posted 30 March 2012 - 07:26 PM

View PostPapaStiffy, on 29 March 2012 - 11:32 PM, said:

This post looks a bit dated... But there are no replies so I will. :)

After looking into it, hostgator.com allows ffmpeg on their dedicated servers. They are a Texas based hosting company with their dedicated servers running anywhere from around $180-$350 a month. As I have never rented a dedicated server from Host Gator, I can't tell you exactly how the experience will be, but after renting both a shared and reseller account from them, I couldn't have been happier. Never noticed slow downs, very quick response on their support, all around very professional.

You may also look into bluehost.com, not sure if they allow ffmpeg but I had a few lovely experiences with them as well.

Hope this isn't too late. :)

Thank you for the response I have found a site called AptHost.com and it is working out.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1