• +

20 Replies - 838 Views - Last Post: 15 December 2011 - 07:32 AM

• フカユ
  • member icon

• View blog

Got Hacked!

Posted 14 December 2011 - 02:38 AM

Hey,

So I was browsing through my emails yesterday and found one from paypal saying it was a receipt for my purchase from supergroup internet ltd to the tune of 577. Wary of a phishing scam I logged into my paypal through the site not the email and sure enough someone has tried to spend 577 on clothes from superdrys online website. The thing is the stupid wankers have put their name and delivery address on the order, I have put a dispute in to paypal to stop the funds being taken from my bank account but I'm wondering what other ways I can terrorise these bastards, seeing as I have their name and address.

Any ideas?

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Got Hacked!

#2 no2pencil  Icon User is online

• Toubabo Koomi
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: Got Hacked!

Posted 14 December 2011 - 02:45 AM

Sign them up to questionable mailing lists. Such as a mixture of children's clothing, farm chemicals, & weapons enthusiasts magazines.

After some time passes, place an anonymous phone call to an anti-terrorism firm.

It will be to moot those. Most likely the address they gave is a drop spot, & is an abandon house.
Was This Post Helpful? 3
  • +
  • -

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 14 December 2011 - 02:46 AM

First of all, I'm terribly sorry to hear about the recent transactions associated with your account.

Secondly, I can tell you from personal experience that that name and address is going to be a "drop" address. This is usually an abandoned home, or new house for sale that they use to receive items anonymously.

The worst thing that you could do is either, stake out the place and perhaps go in all guns blazing. :gunsmilie: Or inform the authorities and tell them the whole situation, afterwards giving them some information just like I have to you. Then maybe they can go in all guns blazing!

Best of luck, and I hope it all works out.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• フカユ
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 14 December 2011 - 03:23 AM

Yeah, I was thinking it was some kind of drop address. But maybe they really are just that stupid, you never know :)

Nice idea no2pencil, that would certainly get them in some trouble.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Head

• View blog

Posted 14 December 2011 - 03:52 AM

Reporting them to the Police for fraud would be the best thing to do. http://www.met.polic...t/resources.htm
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#6 Craig328  Icon User is online

• I make this look good
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 14 December 2011 - 06:53 AM

I'd be tempted to stake it out just to beat hell out of someone. Just this morning a college buddy of mine has his email accounts sending the "I'm stuck in London" email scams. His 2 email accounts, his wife's email, his FB account...all compromised.

Made me go look at my Gmail account password. Turns out that if a hacker guesses your password, there's really no way for you to get control of it back. They have a "forgot your password" thing where they ask you the answer to your secret question...except the hacker can change the question and answer both once he gets control. Does that seem exceptionally stupid to anyone else other than me? Why can't the secret question/answer simply be a one time permanent thing so that the asshole hacking your account can't keep it?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• I must break you
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 14 December 2011 - 07:09 AM

View PostCraig328, on 14 December 2011 - 08:53 AM, said:

Does that seem exceptionally stupid to anyone else other than me? Why can't the secret question/answer simply be a one time permanent thing so that the asshole hacking your account can't keep it?

Makes too much sense that's why no one does it.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• D.I.C Addict
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 14 December 2011 - 07:10 AM

Yeah report the bastards, hopefully they will get done preventing them doing it to anyone else. I frigging hate this crap, I dislike all crime, but online fraud is so cowardly. What was the name? We constantly have people putting things on the ATM's at my local supermarket that steal card details. I'd love to do the crippler crossface on them...

On a side note, a Chinese based website had some malware hacking hotmail accounts and sending an email to the entire address book posting about an unreal iPhone deal if you buy from x website, sending it to everyone in your address book. They did this to my girlfriend, and it also deleted all her emails in the inbox which really pissed me off. I decided to check out the owner of the website online and found another site that was similar, obviously fake, he used to run also ripping people off. After searching for this site I found a whole thread detailing him, his addresses, bank details the lot, all gathered by someone he had ripped off, who had released it on the net. So I went online to the new website (the one the malare was advertising, and they had one of those "Chat live" windows, so I used that to talk to an operator and pretended I was interested in buying an iPhone from them. They were really pushy, until I asked them what they knew about the other website, at which point they went really quiet. I then posted all the details, I had from the thread - address, bank address, card number, account numbers etc - and pretended that I had found them after they hacked the hotmail. Still no answer, and when I asked them what they had to say for themselves they said they didn't know a Mr X... at which point I called their bluff as I had made no reference to Mr X in the details I had given them! After that I got no more replies, but I reported them to ic3.gov.
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

• The Algorithmi
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 14 December 2011 - 07:32 AM

I would stake out the place with a tranquilizer gun. After they show up I'd shoot em, and when they wake up they'd find themselves as a part of a human-centipede with the first guy being a really hairy and fat guy who's porking on Indian food.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• Please show what you have already tried when asking a question.
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 14 December 2011 - 08:04 AM

Personally I like the idea of staking out the place, then mugging them.
While you have managed to cancel the 577 pounds of clothing, you could have something shipped to the same name and address they used. Maybe ship a box of packing peanuts there yourself in a bright orange box so you can ID it from a distance. Then put on your ski masks and mug them. Beat the shit out of them. Zip tie their hands together behind their backs. Put signs around their necks saying "Internet scam thieves" then call the cops to rescue them.
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

• フカユ
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 14 December 2011 - 08:13 AM

To be honest I would probably go to the address if it wasn't so far down the country. It would probably be a dangerous idea but I would keep my distance and see what the situation was first.

It seems to have been sorted by PayPal now which is good, but they will still get away with it.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#12 modi123_1  Icon User is online

• Suitor #2
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 14 December 2011 - 08:14 AM

Damnit.. so my new coat from Superdry's is not going to be here for christmas? Thanks for the heads up bro!

At best they investigate and bust the idiots... at worst it gets filed for an on going investiation and later is part of the avalanche to come down on the people using that address. Assault, kidnapping, tranqing, and the like are probably not things you want to *actually* try.... but perhaps hiring a gang of sociopathic chav teens (as the UK is famous for) to do the dirty work for you might not be a bad idea.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#13 Craig328  Icon User is online

• I make this look good
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 14 December 2011 - 08:21 AM

You don't need to hire them. Just let one know that the guy that's coming to pick up THAT box right there has around $10K (or whatever those funny sounding folk use for money these days) in his pocket.

Then pull up a lawn chair, crack a brew and watch the spectacle of nature taking care of its own. Remember to pour one out for Darwin who will almost certainly be there with you in spirit.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• using Caffeine;
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 14 December 2011 - 08:36 AM

Getting hacked sucks. I'm all for a little revenge but they will more than likely get away with it. It's so hard to track these people down. At least from the sounds of it you've straightened it out with PayPal.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#15 gabehabe  Icon User is online

• GabehabeSwamp
  • member icon

• View blog

Posted 14 December 2011 - 05:26 PM

I once had some Brazilians try to order about a grand's worth of Nike shit. Fortunately, my bank blocked the transaction because it was 1) shit I've never bought before (nike? as if) and 2) ordered to Brazil.

As for getting back at them:
1) go to address
2) email them to say it'll be delivered on the day you go
3) shank the bitches

This post has been edited by gabehabe: 14 December 2011 - 05:27 PM

Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

• (2 Pages)
  • +