This is my subject :
This Application enables us to choose the train even there is no necessary to fill a form at the railway reservation counter ,i.e. we can directly select from the choices provided for us with train numbers and their origin, departure time, destination & arrival time at that station and the class to travel in. Application gives us the final output as train ticket with the amount to be paid.
Customer Requirement Specification
Railway Reservation System – Modules
Security module - Security modules include security features like user management and application level password management.
• Maintain user master- Each user identified by the user name and user type. Only admin user can create, edit user information.
• Password must be alpha numeric.
• While creating user system assign default password for the user
• Password of user are encrypted for the security purposes.
• Access level and roles and privileges are set for different type of users.
Master Management modules- Master management module includes following sub modules.
• Station Master – Every station is uniquely identified by system generated Station ID. It also includes station code, station name and railway division name.
• Train Master – Every train uniquely identified by train no, it includes train name, train name, up/down status, route id., Number of coaches available for 3 tier AC, First Class, Sleeper Class etc.
• Train Schedule – It includes train journey details from start station to end station, all in between station, distances between 2 station, arrival and departure time.
• Fare Rule – It help to calculate fare by distance, support different type of fare calculation for different class like AC1, AC3 etc.
• Cancellation Fees Rule - It provide the master data for all ticket cancellation fees calculation.
• Reservation and Super Fast Fees – It provide the master data for all ticket reservation fees calculation and super fast fees.
• Day Master - It includes information of train schedule which days of the week train will run.
Transaction Module - Transaction module includes following sub modules.
• Reservation – This module used to make reservation, it asks for input data like train no, journey date, from station code, end station code. System has powerful validation rule to check validation like journey date must be greater than system date, journey date must be within 90 days. Train should run for the selected day. Check for from station and to station. Seat availability, While saving the record system generate PRN no, seat no and coach no. Before save the system ask for final confirmation. System automatically calculates the fare and save the details.
• Cancellation – For cancellation of ticket it ask for PRN no, after entering the correct PRN no system check for validity of the PRN no, whether it already cancelled, journey date already expired. I it validate system display all the details of the reservation. System automatically calculates the cancellation fees from the cancellation rule master. Before save the record system ask for the confirmation.
• Update Seat no for unconfirmed passenger – It is schedule activity, system query for all cancelled ticket for particular journey date and allocates all vacant seats to unconfirmed passenger.
• Daily Cash Transaction – It shows daily transaction, like how much money received and how much money refund. All data can be exported to MS Excel for review and save in file system.
Query Module – Query module contains the following information:
A powerful query module give on screen information for particular PRN NO, it shows all the reservation details and cancellation details, include current status for the seat no, coach no.
And I have been creat DFD :
This is my simple DFD .