2 Replies - 714 Views - Last Post: 19 December 2011 - 11:07 AM

• New D.I.C Head

• View blog

deleting accounts or disabling alerts

Posted 18 December 2011 - 08:18 AM

I have read the user requests to delete accounts, and I must say the admin response was wanting. "Just don't log in" is a ridiculous answer when a user can't even control email alerts being sent to their email inbox. Users can't delete their account here, and can't prevent this site sending them e-mail or alerts. So "just don't log

in" is a ludicrous response at best, and insulting. Please either delete accounts or allow for disabling e-mail alerts and messages. Otherwise sending unwanted mail to users that no longer want their acccounts is equivalent to willful spamming.

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: deleting accounts or disabling alerts

• MrCupOfT
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: deleting accounts or disabling alerts

Posted 18 December 2011 - 08:30 AM

MightyAfrodite: Your first post is to complain about deleting accounts!? Why did you bother registering in the first place? It even stated in the TOS (did you read them?)

Why should we delete accounts and the forum entries associated with them?
What's wrong with not logging in? provide the user as take the steps to not receive emails?

Members themselves can change the email settings, through their control panel.
Accessed via their profile page.
- Edit my profile
- Setting Page
Disable the following settings.
- Send me any updates sent by the board administrator
- Notify me by e-mail when I get a new personal message

Forums Page
-If enabled, choose default notification type => No Email Notification

This post has been edited by AdamSpeight2008: 18 December 2011 - 08:35 AM

Was This Post Helpful? 3
  • +
  • -

• The Ninjaducky
  • member icon

• View blog

Re: deleting accounts or disabling alerts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 11:07 AM

As AdamSpeight2008 said, you CAN totally disable all emails to you from inside your user account. Also, I would like to make a few points that are in the Terms of Service that every member agrees to upon signing up:

• Public Disagreements with Administration/Staff or Guidelines: You agree that if you disagree with Dream.In.Code website policy or action of a staff member, you will not post public arguments or disagreements nor attempt to petition the owner/administration to change policy through posts, polls, email, PM or any other service found within the Dream.In.Code Website. If you disagree, you may respectfully email the owner of Dream.In.Code. The owner does not endorse or recommend any of the opinions or ideas contributed by its users. However, The owner permits others to make judgments about your Messages.

• Freedom of Speech: You agree that "freedom of speech" does not apply to DREAMINCODE.NET as an individualy owned website. Although the constitution of the US guarantees that "Congress shall make no law abridging the freedom of speech", Dream.In.Code is not Congress. The TOS/Guidelines of this website governs the behaviors and activities of the members. If you choose not to follow the guidelines agreed to during registration, the result is a disabling of your account.
  • Privacy Policy: You agree that you have read and understand the Dream.In.Code Privacy Policy.

So, as the terms of service state, if you have a problem with the policy, please send the webmaster an email.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1