12 Replies - 3267 Views - Last Post: 10 January 2012 - 10:20 AM

#1 Freezer  Icon User is offline

  • New D.I.C Head

Reputation: 0
  • View blog
  • Posts: 7
  • Joined: 20-December 11

Please Review this website

Posted 20 December 2011 - 04:21 PM

Hi, I'm new to web-designing, This is my first website so please take your time to have a look at it and help me out by giving your feedback and tips and tricks.
Would greatly appreciate it

The Address is: www.bitterbeam.com

Thanks a lot in advance

Freezer

Is This A Good Question/Topic? 0
  • +

Replies To: Please Review this website

#2 tlhIn`toq  Icon User is offline

  • Please show what you have already tried when asking a question.
  • member icon

Reputation: 5316
  • View blog
  • Posts: 11,358
  • Joined: 02-June 10

Re: Please Review this website

Posted 21 December 2011 - 09:25 AM

Quote

NOTHING IS BITTER THAN THE TRUTH

You're missing a word here for this to make sense.

nothing is more bitter than the truth

To me it looks like a lot of other blogs built from a template provided with a web-building program, or an on-line site generator.

If this is actually all your work then take that as a compliment that it is complete and professional enough to have that 'look' about it.

As for the content... Well... Its not really from you is it? Its just the repeating of other sites' stuff, posts, tweets, whatever. Maybe that is just for testing. Maybe that is the intent of site. I have no way of knowing.
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

#3 Freezer  Icon User is offline

  • New D.I.C Head

Reputation: 0
  • View blog
  • Posts: 7
  • Joined: 20-December 11

Re: Please Review this website

Posted 21 December 2011 - 10:04 AM

View PosttlhIn`toq, on 21 December 2011 - 09:25 AM, said:

Quote

NOTHING IS BITTER THAN THE TRUTH

You're missing a word here for this to make sense.

nothing is more bitter than the truth

To me it looks like a lot of other blogs built from a template provided with a web-building program, or an on-line site generator.

If this is actually all your work then take that as a compliment that it is complete and professional enough to have that 'look' about it.

As for the content... Well... Its not really from you is it? Its just the repeating of other sites' stuff, posts, tweets, whatever. Maybe that is just for testing. Maybe that is the intent of site. I have no way of knowing.


Thanks for the heads up :)

Yes all this is my content which i have written, I have used other news and blog sites to gather articles then i blog about it in my own views :)
The path blog has taken so far is what I'm planning on taking on by providing a website that gives out interesting articles on random topics :)
Any feedback on that?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#4 modi123_1  Icon User is offline

  • Suitor #2
  • member icon



Reputation: 8377
  • View blog
  • Posts: 31,135
  • Joined: 12-June 08

Re: Please Review this website

Posted 21 December 2011 - 10:27 AM

  • The snow thing - super annoying.
  • I have no idea what the site is about (outside of some personal blog) when I hit the site. The slogan doesn't indicate anything except for missing words... the them is pretty mundane..
  • "Visit us today and find-out the difference." - wtf does that even mean?
  • Yeah.. a generic wordpress look to it.
  • Is there a reason to have the 'login' on the main page? It doesn't look like you are creating user accounts for people so... why not just take it off?
  • The writing is nothing particularly fancy. I mean it just is. Expected grammar issues.
  • I would suggest linking to the original article or source.

Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

#5 Cocker081288  Icon User is offline

  • D.I.C Head

Reputation: 16
  • View blog
  • Posts: 108
  • Joined: 11-April 09

Re: Please Review this website

Posted 21 December 2011 - 12:03 PM

I agree with modi123_1 about the snow.

You need to have a read through your text, as others have suggested as there are missing fullstops, words and capital letters in incorrect places. e.g. boring, The

If it was me I would reduce the articles per page as well as people will slower internet connections will have to wait a while for the main page to load. On average most people wait three seconds for a webpage to load (so they say).

Finally, on some occasions the text in sponsors overlaps it's self.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#6 Freezer  Icon User is offline

  • New D.I.C Head

Reputation: 0
  • View blog
  • Posts: 7
  • Joined: 20-December 11

Re: Please Review this website

Posted 21 December 2011 - 12:06 PM

View PostCocker081288, on 21 December 2011 - 12:03 PM, said:

I agree with modi123_1 about the snow.

You need to have a read through your text, as others have suggested as there are missing fullstops, words and capital letters in incorrect places. e.g. boring, The

If it was me I would reduce the articles per page as well as people will slower internet connections will have to wait a while for the main page to load. On average most people wait three seconds for a webpage to load (so they say).

Finally, on some occasions the text in sponsors overlaps it's self.


Thanks for the heads up :) I will look into those, the snow was a seasonal thing, will be taking it off after Christmas, i hope the articles are interesting apart from the grammatical errors ?
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#7 modi123_1  Icon User is offline

  • Suitor #2
  • member icon



Reputation: 8377
  • View blog
  • Posts: 31,135
  • Joined: 12-June 08

Re: Please Review this website

Posted 21 December 2011 - 12:10 PM

For me - no, not particularly.
Was This Post Helpful? 1
  • +
  • -

#8 Freezer  Icon User is offline

  • New D.I.C Head

Reputation: 0
  • View blog
  • Posts: 7
  • Joined: 20-December 11

Re: Please Review this website

Posted 21 December 2011 - 12:14 PM

View Postmodi123_1, on 21 December 2011 - 12:10 PM, said:

For me - no, not particularly.


Oh oki, Thanks anyway though :) appreciate your feedback :)
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#9 Cocker081288  Icon User is offline

  • D.I.C Head

Reputation: 16
  • View blog
  • Posts: 108
  • Joined: 11-April 09

Re: Please Review this website

Posted 21 December 2011 - 12:18 PM

The topics I have looked at seem pretty good.

One small thing, why do some pictures have boarders when others don't?

You've already had one comment!!

I wouldn't worry about the articles to much as you have a large variety on the side. It really depends what your after.

If I wanted general articles, humour or technology It appears fine to me however if I wanted articles on the economy or stock market rumours it wouldn't be to handy.
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#10 Freezer  Icon User is offline

  • New D.I.C Head

Reputation: 0
  • View blog
  • Posts: 7
  • Joined: 20-December 11

Re: Please Review this website

Posted 21 December 2011 - 12:18 PM

View PostCocker081288, on 21 December 2011 - 12:15 PM, said:

The topics I have looked at seem pretty good.

One small thing, why do some pictures have boarders when others don't?

You've already had one comment!!


Appreciate you taking the time to review :) Yeah I made some mistakes of not taking the border off some of the images I've posted, must make sure i keep a proper layout on the up coming posts :) Thanks for the feedback and glad you liked it :)
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#11 Cocker081288  Icon User is offline

  • D.I.C Head

Reputation: 16
  • View blog
  • Posts: 108
  • Joined: 11-April 09

Re: Please Review this website

Posted 21 December 2011 - 12:23 PM

No problem, if you need anyone to look at it again or any help don't hesitate to ask!
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#12 Freezer  Icon User is offline

  • New D.I.C Head

Reputation: 0
  • View blog
  • Posts: 7
  • Joined: 20-December 11

Re: Please Review this website

Posted 22 December 2011 - 08:40 PM

View PostCocker081288, on 21 December 2011 - 12:23 PM, said:

No problem, if you need anyone to look at it again or any help don't hesitate to ask!


Please let me know when ever you check it so i could improve more on the site :)
cheers
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

#13 Cocker081288  Icon User is offline

  • D.I.C Head

Reputation: 16
  • View blog
  • Posts: 108
  • Joined: 11-April 09

Re: Please Review this website

Posted 10 January 2012 - 10:20 AM

View PostFreezer, on 23 December 2011 - 03:40 AM, said:

View PostCocker081288, on 21 December 2011 - 12:23 PM, said:

No problem, if you need anyone to look at it again or any help don't hesitate to ask!


Please let me know when ever you check it so i could improve more on the site :)
cheers



Are you meaning your wanting me to take another look at it? :)
Was This Post Helpful? 0
  • +
  • -

Page 1 of 1